Why I never joined the Navy...

mhallam85

I'd be amazed if the Navy was allowed to violate federal law. Doesn't matter if the state the base is in allows gay marriage - It would seem to me that federal law trumps state law on military bases. At the federal level, marriage is man-woman.

foxnews...big surprise. I can't believe they didn't come up with a story about how obama is allowing the devil to take over the navy.

They're too busy pushing the angle that killing Bin Laden was an illegal political assasination by Obama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/04/shep-smith-bin-laden-illegal_n_857356.html

They're too busy pushing the angle that killing Bin Laden was an illegal political assasination by Obama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/04/shep-smith-bin-laden-illegal_n_857356.html

of course they would. they wouldn't want him to get re-elected. now if george bush killed osama it would have been the greatest achievement of all time.

fox news is the most one sided asinine news station there is.

Edited by serpentracer

As long as it doesn't hurt me, my family, or friends then I don't care what them silly faggots do. Just means more women for us straight guys!

I'm no longer in the military and I have nothing against gays but I do have a problem with gays in the military based on what would be the current rules and regulations. What I mean by that is, that male and females are segregated in separate living conditions for obvious reasons. For those who have never been in the military may not know that a lot of living quarters consist of community latrines and showers. If I am not allowed to shower with the opposite sex that I am attracted to, then why should a gay man who is attracted to the same sex be allowed to shower with men. If someone is gay and wants to be in the military, fine, but they should be segregated just as men and women are.

• Upvote 1

I'm no longer in the military and I have nothing against gays but I do have a problem with gays in the military based on what would be the current rules and regulations. What I mean by that is, that male and females are segregated in separate living conditions for obvious reasons. For those who have never been in the military may not know that a lot of living quarters consist of community latrines and showers. If I am not allowed to shower with the opposite sex that I am attracted to, then why should a gay man who is attracted to the same sex be allowed to shower with men. If someone is gay and wants to be in the military, fine, but they should be segregated just as men and women are.
maybe because you can't get another dude's ass pregnant...lol

We had this kind of issue in Iraq. Dude was using a video camera in the showers to tape other guys changing. Yeah, they can't get pregnant but it can cause quite a commotion. I'm not saying I'm for or against, just something I have seen.

Edited by chevysoldier

The government should restrict itself to managing the country, not what goes on in bedrooms. Gay marriage, polygamy, polyamorous, etc, should not be regulated by the gov't. They should all have to have the same benefits and restrictions as the rest of us.

then why should a gay man who is attracted to the same sex be allowed to shower with men.

dont flatter yourself. the vast majority of gay men have no interest in you.

just b/c someone is gay does not mean they are attracted to every man they see, straight or not.

just b/c someone is gay does not mean they are attracted to every man they see, straight or not.

And I'll raise you this...

Same with women. Just because I'm straight doesn't mean every woman I see in the shower I'm going to be attracted to, straight or not. ;) Eat them apples.

Flatter myself? I don't recall saying they would be and you completely missed my point.

And I'll raise you this...

Same with women. Just because I'm straight doesn't mean every woman I see in the shower I'm going to be attracted to, straight or not. ;) Eat them apples.

Exactly!

The government should restrict itself to managing the country, not what goes on in bedrooms. Gay marriage, polygamy, polyamorous, etc, should not be regulated by the gov't. They should all have to have the same benefits and restrictions as the rest of us.

Fucking bingo. NOTHING more needs to be said.

Dumbest shit I've ever heard.

• Upvote 1