"SHOEI" Ninja 650R

Bkizz

When Reimbrandt, aka Jim Shively offered to airbrush my bike I had to take him up on the offer. I decided I to make a tribute to Shoei helmets because my helmet was the only reason I survived my accident. I really wanted any artwork to be low key and I think he pulled if off! He did some of the designs from my SHOEI "Crest" helmet. The gold he used is very subtle because in the shade the bike looks black. It's not until the artwork gets into the light that it really pops. Check it out!

DSCF4146.jpg

DSCF4145.jpg

DSCF4140.jpg

DSCF4141.jpg

DSCF4137.jpg

DSCF4131.jpg

DSCF4123.jpg

DSCF4125.jpg

DSCF4127.jpg

DSCF4126.jpg

And here is my helmet...

806_image.jpg

• Upvote 1

make sure you send those pics to Shoei!!

Yep, I already planned to once I can get some really good pics of it. Shoei has a section of their site called the "Hall of Fame" where people have shared there accident survival stories and show a pic of their helmet.

http://www.shoei-helmets.com/HelmetHOF.aspx

Most of the helmets just look dirty...but mine is a different story. (not that I am proud of it)

HPIM2562.jpg

Thats sick bro! I was there when you road your bike for the first time at your condo. Are you getting more comfortable on it yet? Good to see you posting again!!

Yea I remember, thanks for coming to help! I got to ride a decent amount last season...got a few hundred miles. (not bad for a cripple) I hope to get to ride a lot more this season.

Just gorgeous. I want to see that bike with the new paint in person!

Come check it out on Sunday!

Oh forgot to tell you... Redkow says you shouldn't put any manufacturer on your bike because it makes all of the racers angry! :p

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha - I think Shoei has "given" him plenty. I totally agree that he should send the pics to Shoei. Maybe a thank you note too. Bet they'd feature the bike (and rider) in an ad, or on their website, etc.

i honestly believe if you had one of those $20 vega closeouts on, you would not be here to tell your story

I agree...that "how much is your head worth?" is not just a sales pitch. I'm still amazed the helmet didn't crack. It kept a perfect shape on the inside.

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha - I think Shoei has "given" him plenty. I totally agree that he should send the pics to Shoei. Maybe a thank you note too. Bet they'd feature the bike (and rider) in an ad, or on their website, etc.

haha, agreed. I was hesitant at first to use the name but I am happy to have it on there.

Awesome paint, and love your plate!!!

Thanks!! B.A.K. are actually my initials so it works in more ways than one.

sir, you just sold me on a shoei helmet. I've never seen the pics of your helmet! thats insane!

Yea, it's not so round anymore. I took a healthy chunk out of the tree I hit. Definitely glad I bought it. I was using an el-cheapo helmet before.