carry in bars?

ohiozx3

anyone think this bill will pass? guns in bars clubs and stadiums can lead to alot of problems. i for one am all for carrying, but alcohol and guns dont seem like they will mix well.

Most already carry there, me included. It has already passed the hard stages. People that carry there will most likely be the muture ones not the 21yo rookie drinkers. The bill is for people to carry as long as they are not drinking. ......... You came to the wrong place to start a thread opposed to carry.

im not opposed, at stated above i am all FOR carrying. i asked if people think this bill will pass. i just see people carrying guns in a bar or stadium even though they arent supposed to drink, they will. who goes to a bar to NOT drink. i wonder that if this bill passes and some asshole takes his gun to a bar and ends up shooting someone if this will screw over all the people who obey the laws and set everything back.

anyone think this bill will pass? guns in bars clubs and stadiums can lead to alot of problems. i for one am all for carrying, but alcohol and guns dont seem like they will mix well.

If law abiding people will follow the law to not carry there now, why can they not follow the law to carry but not drink? Also no other state that allows this has any issues because of it.

Edited by chevysoldier

If law abiding people will follow the law to not carry there now, why can they not follow the law to carry but not drink? Also no other state that allows this has any issues because of it.

its easy to put the gun in the glove box and go in and have a drink, it would be much harder to walkin with the gun and not have one. some people will show restraint and not drink. others wont.

its easy to put the gun in the glove box and go in and have a drink, it would be much harder to walkin with the gun and not have one. some people will show restraint and not drink. others wont.

Then please show me how big of a problem this is in the other states that already allow it...

If you read the bill you are not allowed to drink while carrying still. The law has passed in several states and has not been an issue. I hope this bill passes especially since I ride now. I like to be able to carry and I don't like having to leave my firearm in the car or bike because an establishment serves alcohol and I am not drinking.

im not opposed, at stated above i am all FOR carrying. i asked if people think this bill will pass. i just see people carrying guns in a bar or stadium even though they arent supposed to drink, they will. who goes to a bar to NOT drink. i wonder that if this bill passes and some asshole takes his gun to a bar and ends up shooting someone if this will screw over all the people who obey the laws and set everything back.

I go to bars to eat many times its not just bars either how about pizza hut, apple bees, texas roadhouse, even some chuckey cheese's. What do you go to pizza hut for? The current law doesn't stop you from breaking the law an carrying in a bar now and drinking even though it is illegal. If you choose to break the law you will break it anyway why inhibit us law abiding citizens?

Edited by crb

I am all for carrying.. the one problem is i believe that it is too easy to get your ccl. i also think its too easy to get a drivers/motorcycle license.. I dont thing that half the people in my ccw class should have been allowed just from hearing thier reasons why they want it and the arguements and questions they had during the Law portion....

The current law doesn't stop you from breaking the law an carrying in a bar now and drinking even though it is illegal. If you choose to break the law you will break it anyway why inhibit us law abiding citizens?

Hit the nail on the head.

...who goes to a bar to NOT drink..

I don't always drink when I go to bars and my wife almost never does.

If I rode my bike I don't drink at all. To drink is not the only reason to go to a bar or club.

your attacking me like im saying i dont want it to happen, go back and read my shit before jumping all over me. i said im all for carrying, i want it to go through so i can carry my gun anywhere i please. and i didnt say anywhere that other states had any problems. im saying that someone is going to break the law and they are going to jump all over the people who do follow the law like myself.

your attacking me like im saying i dont want it to happen, go back and read my shit before jumping all over me. i said im all for carrying, i want it to go through so i can carry my gun anywhere i please. and i didnt say anywhere that other states had any problems. im saying that someone is going to break the law and they are going to jump all over the people who do follow the law like myself.

I'm not jumping on you, calm down. People break the law right now. Laws don't keep prevent people from doing something they shouldn't.

I'll go back and reread your posts.

I think it has passed and is just waiting to be signed? You say it can cause problems, mixing guns and alcohol. We have those problems now but like I said, those problems aren't really increased in states that already allow this. This is no different than when Ohio was considering concealed carry, people cried that there would be shootouts in the streets. We can all see that that has increased due to CC being legal....

If the law abiding citizen can be trusted to not carry where a Class D permit is in effect, why can those same people not be trusted to carry there but not drink? Those that already carry there don't care anyways right? I am a law abiding citizen. I don't carry into places that serve alcohol. If I was allowed to, I wouldn't drink because that is what the law is.

Why do you assume it would be much harder to walk into a bar with a gun and not have a drink? Are you saying it would be hard foryou? It wouldn't be a problem for me.

your attacking me like im saying i dont want it to happen, go back and read my shit before jumping all over me.

Attacking you? No one is attacking anyone, I thought we were having a discussion? Newbs. :rolleyes: