Ducati S4RS vs Suzuki SV1000

OhioBob

I don't understand why you're starting all these vague threads comparing motorcycles on this site when you can read all the bike reviews from sources like motorcycle-usa.com and in the end, you're just going to end up going with whatever you like and can afford? :dunno:

Like to see other's opinions on these topics. Sorry to cause any headaches.

I guess you are right, if money is not the issue and we are talking about performance; hp, torque, brakes, suspension, etc.

Thanks.

The SV is a good bike. The Duc is gooder.

There ya go. /thread

I've never been on the Duc, but if it's anything like the RC8 or Super Duke, the SV is 85% of what those bikes are, at about 1/3rd the price on the used market. If you really need that extra 15% of 'goodness' you will pay a premium for it.

So, like Tpoppa so plainly put - Suzuki is the value purchase, Ducati is the 'bells and whistles' purchase.

OK, to mix it up a little.

How does the FZ1 compare to the SV1000S?

Wish they brought the FZ1N to the states.

Heck, if I am going to mix it up with FZ1, I might as well include the new or new to the states, CB1000R.

Just trying to single down my choices to visit the stealerships.

Thanks again for your input.

Edited by OhioBob

I4s are lame, no personality. I ride the SV way more than I ride the Hayabusa because I'm a hooligan with responsibility issues.

But I'd guess the FZs are just as reliable as any other Japanese I4 bike, they're just not as fun as a twin.

vtwin to inline four of the fz1.....i love the fz, but love the sv more. Fz1 would be more comfy off the showroom floor, but you can add riser to the bars of the sv and make it more of a tourer, but if you dont want to add anything to it the fz would rock....although nothing sound as awesome as a vtwin sportbike coming out of the corners or speeding down the road.....ok, i was you i would have an issue choosing too...love the looks of ducs but not the maintanance..

I4s are lame, no personality. I ride the SV way more than I ride the Hayabusa because I'm a hooligan with responsibility issues.

But I'd guess the FZs are just as reliable as any other Japanese I4 bike, they're just not as fun as a twin.

I ride an I4 because I don't like to have as much fun on a bike as you hooligans do, I would rather go fast in the twisty stuff.

Says the guy who's never been on a vtwin. On the street, fun > speed. And it's not like the SV1k is a slouch at 110 rwhp.

Look, OP, start an FZ, then start an SV1k... it'll be an easy decision once you hear them idle next to each other.

I've spent a few hours on a Super Duke riding RT60. While it is a fun bike (What non cruiser isn't.) other than banging off of the rev-limiter more times than I could count I recall that is didn't seem to be any faster than my 600 and heavier.

I've spent a few hours on a Super Duke riding RT60. While it is a fun bike (What non cruiser isn't.) other than banging off of the rev-limiter more times than I could count I recall that is didn't seem to be any faster than my 600 and heavier.

You're doing it wrong. You can't ride a twin like an I4...

Do some deep deep soul searching, and you know, deep down, you had more fun on the twin than the speed on your I4. :D

You're doing it wrong. You can't ride a twin like an I4...

Do some deep deep soul searching, and you know, deep down, you had more fun on the twin than the speed on your I4. :D

I had to keep searching the RPM range looking for some speed and never found it. There is no mistaking where it lives at in an I4.

S4Rs is on another planet. Way more power, Italian Sexyness and Ohlins front and Rear. Considering what you get on the ducati in terms of components. Ohlins suspension, Marchesini wheels, Brembo Radial mount brakes, Single Sided swing arm and a ducati motor. I would say it's hard to argue that the suzuki is a better value. The suzuki is just cheaper. Is the SV1000 a good bike. Hell yes it is, but the S4Rs is just a different bike. They just both have water cooled twins.

Oh, given the 2, S4Rs, but I must say, I love my S2R1000. Torquey as hell.

OK, to mix it up a little.

How does the FZ1 compare to the SV1000S?

Wish they brought the FZ1N to the states.

Heck, if I am going to mix it up with FZ1, I might as well include the new or new to the states, CB1000R.

Just trying to single down my choices to visit the stealerships.

Thanks again for your input.

FZ has more power and handlebars. It can be made nekkid by ordering euro spec. (FZ1N) parts.

Check out www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum for all the FZ1 info you want.

I do like the '03 SV1000. Its sweet.

I had to keep searching the RPM range looking for some speed and never found it. There is no mistaking where it lives at in an I4...
..which is between 14,728 rpm and 15,241. Everything else is just sucking air. :p

But please go back to picking Justin. Each hit makes him grow up just a little more. :D