New Here!

DreamNofR1

Hey all!

Just bought my 2nd bike back in December and she's a dream come true. And yes, hence the screen name. She's a 2007 with 2,500 miles and absolutely gorgeous. I thought I'd introduce myself and hopefully meet more and more riders. I'm typically up at bike night on Wednesday's at Quaker Steak and Lube but I am ALWAYS up to ride. As long as it's not pouring down rain or snowing like crazy outside, I'll ride. Hopefully I'll meet you guys at some point!

Thanks!

Andy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a guy that crushes R1's.

More power to ya buddy. I'm not into racing and I don't think I'm a hard ass just because I have a 1,000. I just like to ride. Eventually when I get used to this bike, I am thinking about doing track at some point. Maybe within the next year or 2. But until then, I'll enjoy my joy rides and weekend rides down in Nelsonville, Athens, or wherever those twisty roads are.

I know a guy that crushes R1's.
More power to ya buddy. I'm not into racing and I don't think I'm a hard ass just because I have a 1,000. I just like to ride. Eventually when I get used to this bike, I am thinking about doing track at some point. Maybe within the next year or 2. But until then, I'll enjoy my joy rides and weekend rides down in Nelsonville, Athens, or wherever those twisty roads are.

He would be referring to me.

And you don't have to wait to get on the track, pack up that garage queen and let's see what it's got! :D

Thanks everyone, much appreciated! I can't figure this out though - I can't get an e-mail when someone replies to a thread I'm subscribed to. I went into the options and chose "instant e-mail notification" for my threads but it still won't notify me. And yes, I made sure it's the correct e-mail address. Any ideas?

Yeah, this thread is in my subscription list. I think I figured it out though - I changed the setting after I was subscribed to this thread. I'm subscribed to another thread and I am actually getting instant e-mail notification on that one so maybe the changes took effect now, instead of on this thread. I think I'm good now. Thanks!

you don't have to wait to get on the track, pack up that garage queen and let's see what it's got! :D

This. You will learn more about riding in 1 day at the track than 2 years on the street.

I know a guy with that generation R1 (2006 I think), and he absolutely embarrasses people with "faster" bikes. It's plenty capable in stock trim. Pretty sure all Buck has added is track bodywork.