New Here!

DreamNofR1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Very interesting to hear that. "You will learn more about riding in 1 day at the track than 2 years on the street." That's exactly what I want. I started out with an R6 about 4 years ago but only did about 2 years of riding. I had to sell that bike because that Yamaha financing really screwed me when the 2 year promotion was up. So, it's been a couple years since I've ridden anything and I just had to go get my dream bike. But now that I paid cash for my bike, she's not going anywhere. I do have a few buddies that I ride with but no one is truly experienced and can't really give me any pointers. So, maybe a track day or 2 would be beneficial.

Everyone starts off at a different level, but I showed up thinking I could ride pretty well. I had about 3 years of street riding under my belt. It took about half a lap for me to realize I didn't know jack shit about riding at any kind of moderately quick pace.

By halfway through my second day, I could drag a knee in the slower turns.

Come hang out at one of the MotoSeries days, or meet up with some of the guys who are riding at Mid-Ohio in June. Ask lots of questions. Everyone there loves riding - it's highly unlikely they wouldn't love talking to you about riding.

Welcome! Ignore the snarky fucktards their panties are a little to moist since they haven't been able to air them out in a ride lately

And her panties are moist because she doesnt get fucked by the snarky fucktards.

Welcome

.......but I showed up thinking I could ride pretty well. I had about 3 years of street riding under my belt. It took about half a lap for me to realize I didn't know jack shit about riding at any kind of moderately quick pace.

By halfway through my second day, I could drag a knee in the slower turns. .

That's exactly how I felt last year at Putnam. Thought I had decent abilities, until I was being passed by almost everyone out there:). Still haven't gotten a knee down yet. Hopefully this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Very interesting to hear that. "You will learn more about riding in 1 day at the track than 2 years on the street." That's exactly what I want. I started out with an R6 about 4 years ago but only did about 2 years of riding. I had to sell that bike because that Yamaha financing really screwed me when the 2 year promotion was up. So, it's been a couple years since I've ridden anything and I just had to go get my dream bike. But now that I paid cash for my bike, she's not going anywhere. I do have a few buddies that I ride with but no one is truly experienced and can't really give me any pointers. So, maybe a track day or 2 would be beneficial.

Yeah I went to the track thinking I was Rossi but quickly found out I'm just cooter nothing special about my abilities. Lol. But I did learn a lot and now I ride smarter and safer on the street. If you guys wanna meet up and ride I'm just a lil north of ya in Delaware.

Yeah, I don't think I'm horrible by any means but I know I have A LOT to learn. I am actually just starting to pick my butt up off the seat to lean a little more! There's not really sharp enough turns around my area that I can really get into them so that's what I'm hoping to get into when I get down to Hocking.

And yes, I'm always up to ride (as long as I'm not working - hours vary day by day). I am right next to Polaris so if I ever take a joy ride, I usually hit up Westerville, to Sunbury and into Delaware. I'd like to find good roads that I don't have to travel an hour to but haven't found anything just yet.

There's a couple good roads in Delaware county. Some are a little crappy at times but ok.I'm off Sundays and Monday's. You shouldn't be getting your butt up and off the seat. It's more of a slide half way off and your body position will affect it a lot. Also getting off the seat is so you lean the bike less.

That's actually what I meant...sliding halfway off I guess you could say. I don't actually pick my butt up all the way off and put it to the side of my bike, lol.

That's to make you lean less??? When I do it I feel like I lean more. Hmmmm. Welp, I need to learn more, haha.

Oh and what roads do you like?? In Del. County I mean....

He would be referring to me.

And you don't have to wait to get on the track, pack up that garage queen and let's see what it's got! :D

Don't worry about this guy, he gets beat by 600's on the straight cough*cough* craig* cough

Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay and come out to some events.

It depends on how much u tolerate gravel. Hogback rd in kilbourne is nice but gets narrow with occasional gravel and lots of tight blind corners. The scenic section (270 to 23) of 315 is nice just don't ride it during rush hour traffic can be heavy. 257 north from the zoo is good as long as traffic isn't heavy pretty basic. When it hits 42 go straight onto klondike rd instead of following 257. Klondike is nice but be careful the road is narrow and becomes a little "rural" with no lines. A lot of the curves are tighter than they appear. When it dead ends into 36 turn left then immediately right onto warren road watch for gravel. Take it to the stop sign turn right onto warrensburg rd. After the 90 degree right turn left onto hodges rd. When it dead ends into 37 turn left then make the first right onto river road. This road is narrow and rough in spots I wouldn't go to hard on it your first time. Also there can be gravel and blind corners. Follow it along the river until it dead ends into 203 turn left follow 203 north as far as you want into Marion county. Also 257 is good to follow north, not as technical a little faster but fun. Also 203 is good you can hit it at the north side of Delaware on 37. That's a few to get ya started.

Getting off the side changes the center of gravity and you "pull" the bike through the corner allowing it to turn sharper and lean less.

Don't worry about this guy, he gets beat by 600's on the straight cough*cough* craig* cough

Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay and come out to some events.

I've been hording some neg rep and I guess I'll be dishing it out to a few lucky fucks. I'd say you're in the top 2 on the list right behind the bluecacksucker.

:thefinger:

Alternative to the scenic 315 Route is on the other side of the river and also a scenic nice cruise....Take a right onto Perry Rd off of Orange Rd. Then Left onto Home rd. then immediate right onto Taggart Rd then left onto Hyatts and another almost immediate right onto Chapman Rd and that runs into 23.

Oh yeah, I've done 315, Home Rd, Orange Rd, and Hyatts. I didn't know if there was anything further up into Delaware that I wasn't aware of. Like, "unknown" roads....where no traffic is.

And, I'd love to get up that way if THIS FREAKIN' RAIN WILL EVER STOP!!! Good Lord, this is ridiculous!!!

It depends on how much u tolerate gravel. Hogback rd in kilbourne is nice but gets narrow with occasional gravel and lots of tight blind corners. The scenic section (270 to 23) of 315 is nice just don't ride it during rush hour traffic can be heavy. 257 north from the zoo is good as long as traffic isn't heavy pretty basic. When it hits 42 go straight onto klondike rd instead of following 257. Klondike is nice but be careful the road is narrow and becomes a little "rural" with no lines. A lot of the curves are tighter than they appear. When it dead ends into 36 turn left then immediately right onto warren road watch for gravel. Take it to the stop sign turn right onto warrensburg rd. After the 90 degree right turn left onto hodges rd. When it dead ends into 37 turn left then make the first right onto river road. This road is narrow and rough in spots I wouldn't go to hard on it your first time. Also there can be gravel and blind corners. Follow it along the river until it dead ends into 203 turn left follow 203 north as far as you want into Marion county. Also 257 is good to follow north, not as technical a little faster but fun. Also 203 is good you can hit it at the north side of Delaware on 37. That's a few to get ya started.

Getting off the side changes the center of gravity and you "pull" the bike through the corner allowing it to turn sharper and lean less.

I don't tolerate gravel all that well, lol. I HATE gravel. It scares the crap out of me. I know I can't always have a clean path but you know what I mean. I haven't heard of some of those roads you mentioned so I'll have to do some riding! Thanks!

I don't tolerate gravel all that well, lol. I HATE gravel. It scares the crap out of me. I know I can't always have a clean path but you know what I mean. I haven't heard of some of those roads you mentioned so I'll have to do some riding! Thanks![/quote

No problem. If your free on a Sunday/ Monday and feel like coming up for a ride I could show u a few. I wouldn't push it being your first time on em but they are a good time.