wow... redneck tries to kill biker..

Dubguy85

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got this from another forum.

You've probably seen the video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTZkZTYkaM here:

http://yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=Pickup

He plead guilty to 2 counts of Wanton Endangerment (1-5 year sentence per charge). 1 count of menacing (up to 90 days) and 1 count of reckless driving (fine).

His sentencing is scheduled for 12/15/2011 and the previous plea offer (which was rejected and I'm having trouble finding the one that was accepted) had these conditions:

Ct1 (WE)2yrs imprisonment Ct2 (WE) 2yrs imprisonment Ct3 (Menacing)90 days incarceration Ct4 (Reckless Driving) $100 fine

I would hope that the one that was plead to was similar, which means he will probably be getting some jail time.

http://apps.courts.ky.gov/courtrecords/Results.aspx

COMMONWEALTH VS. HUDSON, GARYL JR Scheduled Events SENTENCING 12/15/2011 01:00 PM 1

Edit:

I just found that he has been in custody since his arrest in June. He did not post bail:

Offender ID: 204599 Date of Birth: 01/07/1983 Age: 28 Race: White Gender: Male

Custody Status: In Custody Location of Offender: Marion Adjustment Center

racking up credit for time served.

it's entirely possible that they'll suspend the rest of his sentence, contingent upon meeting his parole guidelines.

getting a job with a felony on your record is a bitch though. That alone can screw someone for life.

Mods: Could we merge this with the existing thread? http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=77181

Definitely waiting for that sentencing hearing.

The sentences will likely all be concurrent. If sentenced to 2 years then he could be released immediately on time served or have just a couple of months left to serve.

He was military I believe. Reserve or National Guard I think. Not any more.

the bigger deal is that the WE charges are both felonies. Probably "only" F4's or F5's, but they'll still need to be disclosed on every job application he fills out for the rest of his life.

But Scruit is likely correct.

2 counts of WE at 1-5 years each means that he'll likely get 2-3 years on each charge, served concurrently.

Then take away time-served, and he's down to a year, has served basically half his sentence, and is out on parole almost immediately.

That's assuming he has no priors, and has been behaving himself in jail. Glad to see that his stupidity has SOME consequences though. Normally this sort of thing would just get ignored.

Dont you guys think that's big sentence, i think a month or two will fix him from doing that again.

Looks like we need to have third eye all the time to Prove these kind of issues.

Thanks for the update.

He tried to kill the guy.

A month or two would be an insult.

He tried to kill the guy.

A month or two would be an insult.

this

Varma,

ever spent a significant amount of time in the "backwoods" area of NKY? I'd easily say that more than half the under age 50 male population in that area are typically like this guy. I'd never seen or heard anything to this extreme, however things along this line happen more than you'd imagine down that way

Sentences that sound harsh may or may not actually be that harsh.

jails are over-crowded, and the hot-button issues that get and keep judges elected are violent crime, and drug convictions.

"wanton endangerment" probably is not considered a violent crime, so outside of the people who have seen the video, there will be no public outcry.

After credit for time-served, this guy will get most or all of his remaining sentence suspended, and spend little time in jail. He'll be on probation (and probably eff up) for a year or two, and then he can go back to jail for up to 1/2 of his original sentence.

But like I said, the felonies on his record will hurt forever. It's long-term justice.

Sentences that sound harsh may or may not actually be that harsh.

jails are over-crowded, and the hot-button issues that get and keep judges elected are violent crime, and drug convictions.

"wanton endangerment" probably is not considered a violent crime, so outside of the people who have seen the video, there will be no public outcry.

After credit for time-served, this guy will get most or all of his remaining sentence suspended, and spend little time in jail. He'll be on probation (and probably eff up) for a year or two, and then he can go back to jail for up to 1/2 of his original sentence.

But like I said, the felonies on his record will hurt forever. It's long-term justice.

Submitted to Tosh.O.

• 2 weeks later...

His sentencing hearing was yesterday, and the online court record shows no more upcoming events (suggesting the sentencing went ahead and the case has now been completed) But their court records don't show the disposition.

Local news down there hasn't reported a disposition yet - however they DID report that he has been out on bond since his original arrest. I had hear he was being held awaiting trial. Hmmm... Either way, he can expect a sentence of ~2 years total (with credit for time served, whether that be days or months). How much he actually serves is anyone's guess.

I was disappointed the passing motorcyclist (victim) didn't just shoot that guy right in the chest when he pulled that tire iron. So.. no' date=' I don't think the sentence is too much.[/quote']

Yep. Once you come out brandishing a weapon after you've already proven that you're willing to kill me should be all I need to prove self-defense.

Gary L. Hudson, 23, of Pendleton County, entered a guilty plea on Nov. 18, in Bracken Circuit Court to an offer from the Commonwealth's Attorney Office.

He was sentenced Thursday to two years in jail on each of two wanton endangerment counts, 90 days in jail for menacing and a $100 fine for reckless driving. The sentences run concurrent for a total of two years, court officials said

Read more: http://www.maysville-online.com/news/local/article_051d0ae6-32be-55a3-8c37-f0aee97a0bae.html#ixzz1gl6gA3yO

Good.