Troy, Ohio

VanDy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I'm enjoying T-Roy, only been here a year now, how far does one have to go to get to some nice riding? I know northern ky has some really nice rides

troy area, has some "ok" riding. I have about a 100 mile route(goes up around sidney and over toward new carlise, and tipp city), but this year, so far alot of the asphalt has gone to crap.

troy area, has some "ok" riding. I have about a 100 mile route(goes up around sidney and over toward new carlise, and tipp city), but this year, so far alot of the asphalt has gone to crap.

I've noticed the same thing........the wife wanted to get her bike out last night so we went for a little 35 mile jog around Piqua, Sidney, and Covington -- some of the better roads are really cracking apart and makes it difficult to enjoy the country riding when you're always looking out for debris, holes, tarsnakes, etc. I used to think Miami country was pretty good at taking care of the backroads, but I'm sadly mistaken :(

I've noticed the same thing........the wife wanted to get her bike out last night so we went for a little 35 mile jog around Piqua, Sidney, and Covington -- some of the better roads are really cracking apart and makes it difficult to enjoy the country riding when you're always looking out for debris, holes, tarsnakes, etc. I used to think Miami country was pretty good at taking care of the backroads, but I'm sadly mistaken :(

It's like that everywhere it seems. Down here too they have let some roads go to shit. Probably because of money cuts they will say. :rolleyes:

Welcome! I knew a guy who went by the same screen name in the LSJ community... one in the same? Either way, hope to enjoy some riding soon

Not sure what lsj is, but I do use Vandy as my screen most everywhere

Not sure what lsj is, but I do use Vandy as my screen most everywhere

Just coincidence then. LSJ is the engine code for the Cobalt SS / ION Redline.

Again, welcome to the board man!! Ride smart

Thanks for all the welcomes everybody! Ive been riding a few years now, but not too many hours :( and I do my best to rise smart and safe, I'm not afraid to be last on a group ride lol

Just got the mechanical parts I need in :) so hopefully I'll be riding into work tonight, I'll probly just leave it naked, (looks better then the half fairings). If not tonight, tomorrow for sure!

No exact meeting place is setup for us Western Ohio Riders but NinjaNick and I plan to get something going this year.

Oh, and he and I plan to meet up for a ride soon so we can give ya heads-up when that gets close too...

What parts you lacking to ride?

Thankyou for your service Marine!

Jack A$$ Flats does bike night on Wed. outside of Huber Heights, and there is also a bike night at Wild Hogs outside of West Carrollton but I'm not sure if it's Fri or Thurs. There are a lot of good twisty roads down around Germantown that are great for riding. Germantown is just west of Miamisburg. Some long straight aways too!

Tennessee has some nice roads ;)

However, I can send you a link to about the best roads you're gonna find in the Tipp/Troy area...There's a couple on here that know them from when I led the rides...

That would be great if you could send that link! Or just a tour someday, as long as you don't mind a slower pace ;)

That would be great if you could send that link! Or just a tour someday, as long as you don't mind a slower pace ;)

The tour would be difficult, but I can get a link out to you...I moved from Tipp city to Nashville last summer.

Heading over to eastern TN for a day ride tomorrow.

The tour would be difficult, but I can get a link out to you...I moved from Tipp city to Nashville last summer.

Heading over to eastern TN for a day ride tomorrow.

You had better enjoy some yuengling while you are in TN! And I would love a link! Or someone who would be willing to show me :)

You had better enjoy some yuengling while you are in TN! And I would love a link! Or someone who would be willing to show me :)

Yuegling is just ok once you've found home in Nashville. The best beer around is called Yazoo. It's sort of a microbrew, local to Nashville, that is some of the best beer I've ever had. They brew a high alcohol beer with a smokey aftertaste, about 8%abv. Most of their beers are at a 5-6%apv and all are amazing!

www.yazoobrew.com

Here's a quick map, I probably missed a few roads, but this will get you a decent ride...Though like Brandt mentioned I don't know how the road conditions are so beware.. This should keep you busy for a bit ;)

Click for map