Sportbikes with right headlight taken out?

NinjaNick

The past 3 days I've seen two like this, an R6 and CBR600rr. The CBR I just noticed tonight about 15 minutes ago on my way home from UDF. There's a guy in my neighborhood who I assume is new to riding because he never had a bike before until this spring. He wears sandals, wife beater, and no protective anything when he's riding so I call him my neighborhood squid. Just saw his bike sitting in the driveway with his right headlight taken out. It wasn't like that last week when I saw it. I am posting this because I saw an R6 this weekend at a stoplight with the EXACT same thing; headlight GONE. Is this some new fad or cool thing posers are into or something? After seeing 2 in 3 days it had me wondering if any of you have seen it?

• Upvote 1

That's the way they come from the factory. LOW beam on one side, HIGH beam on the other side. You might've saw him with his high beam on one day & noticed the 2 beams. I hate that look personally. One factor in the purchase of my motorcycle was to have 2 low & 2 high beams. I just like things even. ZZR600 happened to have my name on the price tag even though I wanted an R6. The older ('01 ish) R6 has 2 Low 2 High. Unless you're talking about the complete lens missing altogether?

Probably like the old days, when we took one or two of a four headlight system out and put in ram air ducts. Dunno....

Not a good idea when it rains...

this is common on 99-04 mustangs....the headlight pulls out in less than 30 seconds, and the passenger side light sits directly in front of the air filter

only seen it done at the track though, never on the street

Probably like the old days, when we took one or two of a four headlight system out and put in ram air ducts. Dunno....

This was gonna be my guess. Buddies used to pull their car headlight out when they raced at National Trails because the air intake was right behind it.

This was gonna be my guess. Buddies used to pull their car headlight out when they raced at National Trails because the air intake was right behind it.

I doubt it....guy in my hood is a newb and their 600 bikes.

Maybe its a stunt thing.....then they can get a grab in a circle wheelie? Are the exhaust cans short, piepan sized sprockets? with scraped tails or 12 bars?

If so, bet its a stunt thing.......or there's a one-armed thief on the loose!! :D:D:D

their is a guy here in shelby that has his rite headlight gone too i was wondering the same thing i have seen a few in mansfeild like that too prob some new rap video came out with their headlite out and know all the Gangsters doing it to lol

Ah the days of going to National trail and seeing a bunch of slow hondas and mustangs making 15-20 second one headlight passes, I would have hated to see how slow they were with both headlights because they really believed it was helping. Maybe its all the little ricer kids from trails stepping up to bike ya never know

I want to say that I have seen this before, like when I was less then a squid (no bike) thinking "man that's cool". I also grew up in BFE a half hour from a walmart... Seriously I graduated with less then 60 people! Lol.

At least I'm honest!!!

I would store a soda in there.
Weight reduction? Light burned out? A spot to keep your beer?

:lol:

Maybe its a stunt thing.....then they can get a grab in a circle wheelie? Are the exhaust cans short, piepan sized sprockets? with scraped tails or 12 bars?

If so, bet its a stunt thing.......or there's a one-armed thief on the loose!! :D:D:D

Good idea! Makes sense. They had no 12 bars though.

their is a guy here in shelby that has his rite headlight gone too i was wondering the same thing i have seen a few in mansfeild like that too prob some new rap video came out with their headlite out and know all the Gangsters doing it to lol

:cool: Someone else who's seen them.

I want to say that I have seen this before, like when I was less then a squid (no bike) thinking "man that's cool". I also grew up in BFE a half hour from a walmart... Seriously I graduated with less then 60 people! Lol.

At least I'm honest!!!

I went to Clinton Massie and in 1996 my class had around 90 people I think. I loved going to my BFE school. :D