New helmet

Scruit

My HJC Symax-II flip-face helmet was fine for about 8 months until the latch on both size of the chinbar broke loose making it impossible to flip up the helmet. Luckily I refused to buy a flip-face that I couldn't remove while the chinbar was locked down... That was a $310 helmet at the time.

To rpelace it I considered a few. One called dragon or something like that had 4 display models and 2 of them had broken chinbars.

I tried the Nolan flip-face but couldn't rmeove it with the chinbar down.

There were a couple of $150 helmets (one with a LED in the back of the helmet) but I didn't liek the cheap feel.

I settled on the Shoei Multitec modular helmet. The warranty credit from the Symax meant I only paid about $150 new money for it.

It's MUCH quieter than the symax. The thing feels more solid without being heavy. It doesn't have the sun visor but I didn't like the HJC's sun visor because it only came down to the middle of my eyes anyway. Plus fiddling with the controls while moving is dangerous until you get used to it.

The Shoei does a much better job to staying defogged. My morning ride was visor-down all the way. The HJC would require me to have the visor open one click for riding and fully open at a stop light.

Got mine from iron pony, cost about 450mph. Always like going to the pony. :D

Never really go wrong with Shoei if you can plunk down the cash. They are friggin awesome and I definately would have bought one but managed to get a HJC AC-12 Carbon Fiber helmet for 175.00, I couldn't pass that up.

The HJC is obviously a cheaper helmet and you get what you pay for but they do sell different shields for HJC that doesn't fog up as badly. Also I found an anti-fog spray at Dicks Sporting goods made for Paintball masks that does a great job of preventing fogging.

picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=8486&thumb=1 I do love my stickered-up HJC modular flip.. but yeah, both f'n springs that control the visor came out at the same time. I had to order them online.

I just bought a back-up HJC helmet.

HJC seems to fit my head best. Alot of other brands are too big.