Please think about or send prayers for C7FX...

Moto-Brian

Best of luck to you, and a hope for a speedy recovery. I was on the track behind you when it happened.I didn't see it, I was probably about at the kink when the accident occurred. I did see the plume of dust like a mushroom cloud though. Frightening.

Update from Jeff's facebook page

Jeff update. The surgeon just gave us an update. They put screws in T4 5 6 8 9 10. T7 was fractured off And they removed the bone fragment. Waiting to see if he will need a chest tub. Pray for a miracle.

Cheryl posted this surgery update on Facebook:

"Jeff update. The surgeon just gave us an update. They put screws in T4 5 6 8 9 10. T7 was fractured off And they removed the bone fragment. Waiting to see if he will need a chest tub. Pray for a miracle. If there is anyone that can prove them wrong it is my honey. Thanks for all the well wishes. "

Keep those prayer chains going...specifically NO chest tube.

We were all thinking of you at the track yesterday. It was a weird deal for me. I lost a good friend at Putnam back in 97 and it felt similar. But, as I told R1, we all need to ride for a few reasons. One, it is like falling off a horse. If we sit and let it build up and prolong getting back to the track, we will never go back and we will never ride like we have again.

Two, I think Jeff would kick our asses if he knew we were all sitting and not riding... This is a great sport and we all know the risks. Some more than others as some are new and haven't been around it a lot. But, this typo of thing occurs and we as a riding family will always be there for Jeff and others.

He's in the best and most capable hands. Here's best wishes on them doing the best they can and him getting a leap on a speedy recovery.

Jeff, if you need anything, just shout.

Latest 2 FB updates from Cheryl:

"Jeff update - sorry so long. He has been trying to sleep all day. So tired not even asking for his phone. They sat him up in bed today feet over side of bed. Felt sick but he didn't get sick. He is staying positive. Keep prayers coming. If I hugged him and kisses him as much as everyone asked me too I would be in bed with him and never leave his side I wish I could but he can touch me hear me and see me so I am happy.

Thanks everyone. "

And the most recent:

" Jeff update - forgot to mention that he will most likely be moving to Metro for rehab. They think it might be Friday or early next week. I will keep you posted. We are suppose to be moving out of ICU tonight if there are beds available in the other floor and he stays status quo. Looking to go to the neuro step down. But things change all the time so I will let you know when I know.

Thanks again we really appreciate you thinking and praying for him."

Thanks to Cheryl for keeping everyone updated so that Jeff can rest and heal.

Jeff update – good morning. I talked to his nurse he had a good night. Still waiting to get word on if we can get him out of ICU. The drain from surgery is still in. PT and OT will be there today. He was sleeping so I didn’t get to talk to him. I will give him hugs and kisses for all of you when I see him.

holy crap! I go out of town for a few days and I miss all sorts of stuff...

Hopefully the worst is behind you, Jeff. Glad to see you posting, and hear that things are going as well as can be expected. Keep your spirits up!

To bastardize a quote from "True Blood" (my wife got me into it. no homo.), "God and I don't have much of a relationship; but that don't mean we don't still talk from time to time."

"Busy day today. We are out of ICU (ya). He is in a regular room now and not in much pain. Just still very tired and is sleeping a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so tired that he has not even asked me for his phone today or to use my laptop as I sit here next to him. The man can sleep anywhere. This is good so he will be ready for rehab."

Cheryl has also set up a site on caringbridge. I will get the info and post here.

Cheryl has set up a page on www.caringbridge.com. Go there and sign up (it takes 12 seconds). Enter Jeff's name, all one word, jeffkjlun and you can send him a message that Cheryl will read to him.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/JeffKljun/guestbook

She will post updates on CaringBridge from now on. Keep on prayin'!!!

Thanks for all your thoughts yes ride hard shit happens it's been my passion for as long as I can remember. My doctor fixed me before with the idea that I might walk. Little did he know I got back on the track and did an ok job. I'll fight this but honestly it's a bitch!!!

Don't worry I'll keep my big boy pants on ;)

Folks--I'm posting these here for those of you who aren't on FB or have signed up for CaringBridge...if it's overkill please let me know...

Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:05 AM, EDT

Hi Everyone. I hope you all enjoyed Jeff's post. He read all of the comments in the guest book and was truly touched. It was a long emotional and physical day but necessary in the recovery process.

PT, OT did not come in today but I exercised his legs. Not sure if I did it completely right but I had them moving (he is so patient with me). I keep threatening him that I am going to paint his toenails since I am looking at them all the time. He is so sweet that he probably wouldn't get mad at me. We also moved his bed in to chair positions several times today and he would pull himself forward. It is a lot of work for him and he did a great job.

He still has a fever which has been really rough. They did another chest xray to check his lungs since they think that is causing the fever. We still didn't hear the results of the xray they took yesterday so I am hoping they have that information tomorrow. Once the fever is gone maybe some of his pain will go with it.

A lot of involuntary leg twitching today, he also felt like his right heal was sitting on a block of ice. Not sure what it all means, we just want to start Rehab. I am hoping on Monday we will get a call that a bed is available and he can be moved.

It was hard to leave him to night. He was restless and still feeling like crap. Please pray he has a restful night and when I get there in the morning I will see his smiling face.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, I know they are working there is just a lot to fix and deal with at this time.

Cheryl