Feeler for group ride

buildit

V-strom friendly or mud for all?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. V-strom friendly or mud for all?

• Easy stuff is just fine
    • Make it hard or I'll just go to Perry

Some may remember the dual sport group ride I did two years ago in Southern Ohio. Well, I am planning a route for another one but was wondering if people would like something easier? Basically all V-strom-able stuff like dirt roads, gravel roads and some broken pavement. ;)

Or I can stick with the everything goes route that you better bring nobies and a change of socks cause your feet will get wet.:rolleyes:

KTMMud.jpg

It was a small group. :)

Laurelville2.jpg

Edited by buildit

Okay, no date yet and I don't have a route yet. As I said this is a feeler to see if more would prefer a tame version. I guess if there are enough wanting both I could do one of each. Plus if I promise to keep it easy maybe Casper will come and get that trailer queen Strom of his a little dirty. :lol:

Nope, bring on the dual sport ride. I have it plated so it is legal.

No I figured it was plated, I meant tougher stuff. There's nothing wrong with with having a WR on a easier ride. I just don't want a capable bike like that be get bored with stuff I could do on a Goldwing. :lol:

Ahhh, Yes I was the vote for the tougher stuff.

Thought so. ;)

Looks like I may just do two rides, one hard one easy for the adv tourers. So far the feed back on a 6-19 easy ride seems good.

Sound like we'd have a good group across forums for a big bike ride. I'll see if Casper can close this thread and start another just for the big bike ride on 6-19. Yes, it's fathers day but if your family loves you they'll let you play during the day and then they can have you back that evening good and relaxed. :)

Carefull sailer I love my 950seR. It rocks the single track and is an amazing bike. But that ride is yet to come. :)

Ride will be June 19th. Meet up at the gas station in Laurelville corner of 180 and 56 at 10am. We'll be having lunch at McClures in McArthur because it's good food.

Meanwhile I'll start a list of riders:

Casper

Revelstoker

Mike884

Edited by buildit

I may be in with the Strom... pending any last minute father's day plans.. I am down that way in HH all the time, love it. Excited for some new routes.

If your family loves you they'll let you go play. ;)

Well, the preride is done and the route is set. 130 Miles of paved and gravel road. About .5 miles of washed out road to test your skills on a big bike like a dl1000. :D In case you don't know what a gravel rd looks like:

Gravelroad.jpg

The cool part was meeting this guy. ;D

CoolHDrider.jpg

As some of you know HD's don't impress me, but this was a case of the rider makes the bike. He's 76 years old and isn't local. Nope, all the way from Fairbanks, Alaska and he's not done yet! Heading to North Carolina and then back to Ohio and then some more time around the coast before heading home. Bike has over 90,000mi. It was great chatting with him and we hope he has a great ride the whole time.

Hoping I can make it, but we'll see.

If you do your not allowed to trailer the bike down. :lol: Hope you do make it so you can rag on all the Stroom troopers who won't take their trailer queen Stroms off the pavement. ;)

Likewise I hope to make it to your ride, but I don't wanna get my bike dirty. :rolleyes:

Almost forgot to mention I threw in one Hero section for people riding bikes 1000cc or larger. For anyone else it will be something to distract you from picking your nose. :lol: It's about a mile long gravel/dirt road that gets water runoff, so if it rains for the next three days people might get wet feet. 3/4 of the way in it becomes a bit rougher with two mini creek crossings and a 6 inch deep rut where runoff has carved out one side of the road. It's right at the end of the ride so trailer queens can skip it if they want. :) Anyone have a goldwing or V-max I can use for the ride? I hate to make it sound so hard. :rolleyes:

Edited by buildit