Ohio Riders 5yr Anniversary - June 18th, 2011

CbrGirl

Had a blast, sucks about dennis' battery though. Dude, if you would have stayed you would have won a pair of gloves.

I just now got home, Hit 2 lanes and dirt roads the whole way home. Slabbing it just didn't sound fun. Ended up racking up a little over 400 miles on little red today.

I guess southeast ohio is where to ride..... we'll ride down again soon..... with a rule... no highways lol....

Consensus seems to be easiest thing is to just replace the petcock. The valve pin (for lack of a better word), that the fuel line slips over, has managed to come out in the hose when you pull the hose off. So gas is leaking from the pin not being compressed in the petcock assembly. That, and it needs some new hoses.

take the fuel valve off, dry the fuel off of it, and solder the pin in. (fuel line nipple). Or maybe some loctite red.

The fuel bowl o-ring on the valve is a common part. Cheapcycleparts has it.

16075-GHB-B00 Honda O-RING (2.4X18.6) $3.82 (ebay $3-$10)

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products/247193-honda-16075-ghb-b00-hard-parts-o-ring-2-4x18-6

When the fuel valve assy comes off, there is a rubber packing in there. A little harder to find, but Ron Ayers has it.

Mfg. Part Number: 16956-283-000 $2.42 (ebay $10-$20)

http://www.ronayers.com/ProductDetails/N/687/SKU/262589

And you should be able to get bulk fuel line at any Ace Hardware.

yes, I are an enginerd

Edited by ReconRat

take the fuel valve off, dry the fuel off of it, and solder the pin in. (fuel line nipple). Or maybe some loctite red.

The fuel bowl o-ring on the valve is a common part. Cheapcycleparts has it.

16075-GHB-B00 Honda O-RING (2.4X18.6) $3.82 (ebay $3-$10)

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products/247193-honda-16075-ghb-b00-hard-parts-o-ring-2-4x18-6

When the fuel valve assy comes off, there is a rubber packing in there. A little harder to find, but Ron Ayers has it.

Mfg. Part Number: 16956-283-000 $2.42 (ebay $10-$20)

http://www.ronayers.com/ProductDetails/N/687/SKU/262589

And you should be able to get bulk fuel line at any Ace Hardware.

yes, I are an enginerd

I didn't think about solder, Can you solder aluminum to brass? But +1 on the rest. All the rubber parts can be replaced in the earlier honda petcocks. Get a new filter screen too if yours has holes in it, unless you're running a inline filter. Sucks having to pull the carbs when a tiny flake of rust gets stuck in a jet.

I guess southeast ohio is where to ride..... we'll ride down again soon..... with a rule... no highways lol....

Holmes county is awesome and not very far from us. Besides all the god damn mini vans that want to take 50mph sweepers at 30. Then speed up to 70 on the straights when the little 350 doesn't have the power to pass. I was screaming inside my helmet out of frustration. I resorted to going 30 in the straights to let them get ahead, just so i could take the corners at a reasonable speed.

3 minivans in a row did the exact same thing to me. I realize that a grand caravan isn't a miata, but come on, they can handle at least doing the suggested speed through a corner. I guess it's hard to take a corner when you're talking into a cell phone with one hand, and poking shit into a gps with the other. Yes, one of these fuckers was doing that.

Is the casting aluminum and the fitting brass? Didn't know that. The ones I remember were all aluminum parts. Checking...

Yes, both zinc and tin based solder can be used. Zinc based preferred.

lol, forgot about JB weld. Solder is easier to remove and do over.

edit: could also switch to an aluminum tube, but preferably one that has a swagged/flared bump to keep the fuel tube on.

Edited by ReconRat

Is the casting aluminum and the fitting brass? Didn't know that. The ones I remember were all aluminum parts. Checking...

Yes, both zinc and tin based solder can be used. Zinc based preferred.

lol, forgot about JB weld. Solder is easier to remove and do over.

edit: could also switch to an aluminum tube, but preferably one that has a swagged/flared bump to keep the fuel tube on.

I think the tube is brass, They're a goldish color, I'm not good at trying to identify metals. as thin walled as the fitting is i would think aluminium would just break off.

Ohio Cycle in Wellington lists the entire fuel valve assy for $55. Call first and ask.

Ron Ayers lists it for $42.07

Yes, I'd replace the entire fuel valve assy. With either a new one or a used part.

p/n 16950-292-000 (old p/n 16950-283-000) fits the following bikes:

CB350 SUPER SPORT 350 K0 US

SL350 MOTOSPORT 350 K1 US

SL350 MOTOSPORT 350 K0 US

CB350 SUPER SPORT 350 K2 US

CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K3 US

CL450 SCRAMBLER 450 K3 US

CB360T K0 US

CB350G SUPER SPORT 350 US

CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K0 US BLACK BOMBER

CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K1 US

CL450 SCRAMBLER 450 K0 US

CB360 US

CL360 SCRAMBLER 360 K0 US

CL350 SCRAMBLER 350 K0 US

SL350 MOTOSPORT 350 K2 US

CB350 SUPER SPORT 350 K3 US

CL350 SCRAMBLER 350 K2 US

CL350 SCRAMBLER 350 K3 US

CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K4 US

CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K5 US

CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K6 US

CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K7 US

CL450 SCRAMBLER 450 K4 US

CL450 SCRAMBLER 450 K5 US

CL450 SCRAMBLER 450 K6 US

CB360T 1976 US

CL350 SCRAMBLER 350 K5 US

CB450 SUPER SPORT 450 K2 US

CL450 SCRAMBLER 450 K2 US

CB360G US

CL360 SCRAMBLER 360 K1 US

CB250K5

CB250G5

CB250K0 (BELGIUM)

CB250K0 (GENERAL EXPORT)

CB250K0 (ENGLAND)

CB250K0 (FRANCE)

CB250K0 (GERMANY)

CB250K0 (SWEDEN)

CB250K0 (AUSTRALIA)

CB350K0 SUPER SPORT (BELGIUM)

CB350K0 SUPER SPORT (GENERAL EXPORT)

CB350K0 SUPER SPORT (ENGLAND)

CB350K0 SUPER SPORT (FRANCE)

CB350K0 SUPER SPORT (GERMANY)

CB350K0 SUPER SPORT (SWEDEN)

CB350K0 SUPER SPORT (AUSTRALIA)

CL250K0 (GENERAL EXPORT)

CL250K0 (GERMANY)

CL250K0 (AUSTRALIA)

Edited by ReconRat

Thanks for the fun time. Sorry for the delay in checking back in on this post. Met alot of new people (well all were new to me really) and was well accepted by all even with my Honda PC800.

Got soaked to the bone, but enjoyed every minute of it. Alot of cool bikes and great peeps. I learned what a digi run was all about. Look forward to next years run. Hopefully can find a way to move up in the standings.

If the owner of the team 2 pics can get a hold of me, I am interested in getting copies of those photos...especially of the horse and the Wal Mart Greeter!

Ride safe....

Thanks for the fun time. Sorry for the delay in checking back in on this post. Met alot of new people (well all were new to me really) and was well accepted by all even with my Honda PC800.

Got soaked to the bone, but enjoyed every minute of it. Alot of cool bikes and great peeps. I learned what a digi run was all about. Look forward to next years run. Hopefully can find a way to move up in the standings.

If the owner of the team 2 pics can get a hold of me, I am interested in getting copies of those photos...especially of the horse and the Wal Mart Greeter!

Ride safe....

I was wondering who was riding the pacific coast. Weird hondas unite!

Ben has copies of all the pics.... i believe he was going to photobucket them eventually :)

Yup. Totally going to do that. Eventually. :lol:

I was planning on doing it today, however like a jackass I forgot my laptop at home. I'll probably get it done tonight.

We had a great time with everyone coming out even in the crazy weather. Check out our photo album on Facebook. Do be sure to tag Independent Motorsports in your pictures if you could! Now that some of you have made your first visit to our shop, we will be looking to see you more often. We are a full service dealership, make sure your friends know as well. Looking forward to out next event which is Red, White, and Boom where we will be raffling a pitbike away! Weekend after that is SUPERBIKE @ Mid-Ohio.

A huge thank you to Indepenent Motorsports!!! Thanks for letting us do it up at your place with all the bikes and stuff... also thanks to Casey for setting up the dyno and showing what a bike with 100+ thousand miles on it can lay down... GO SILVERFOX!!!

Ohio Cycle in Wellington lists the entire fuel valve assy for $55. Call first and ask.

Ron Ayers lists it for $42.07

Yes, I'd replace the entire fuel valve assy. With either a new one or a used part.

Thank you very much for looking into it for me. I really appreciate it. I will keep the info on hand.

However, given my current situation, I have a feeling the bike is just going to be sitting in the garage. I think my riding season is over before it really began lol. I can afford new rubber hoses, but that's about it.