Adventure riders

buildit

June 19th road and gravel ride around Tar Hollow and McArthur. It will not be trailer queen material but also not a mud bog or single track ride. :D

Meet up at 10am at the Sunoco gas station located at the corner of rt56 and rt180 in Laurelville, OH. N39 28.407, W82 44.370

Post up if your in and list your bike:

See this for the last big bike DS I did and what type of conditions you can expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbXl3hrjACA

Edited by buildit

Damn, now you are going to make me all mad that I didn't buy the BMW F800GS.

I think the KTM might be up for it. Now, where to get a set of knobbies???????

Well, no nobbies needed for the easy ride. So far all I have in the works is the easy ride that a good rider could do on a goldwing.

I'll announce the real DS ride later, but hopefully before the end of the month.

Well, the preride is done and the route is set. 130 Miles of paved and gravel road. About .5 miles of washed out road to test your skills on a big bike like a dl1000. :D In case you don't know what a gravel rd looks like:

Gravelroad.jpg

The cool part was meeting this guy. ;D

CoolHDrider.jpg

As some of you know HD's don't impress me, but this was a case of the rider makes the bike. He's 76 years old and isn't local. Nope, all the way from Fairbanks, Alaska and he's not done yet! Heading to North Carolina and then back to Ohio and then some more time around the coast before heading home. Bike has over 90,000mi and it's not his only bike. It was great chatting with him and we hope he has a great ride the whole time.

Well, to those who didn't make it you missed a good ride. No rain at all for the ride and the rain last night kept the roads from being dusty. Had a good group show form ADV and Caveman riders. But no one from OR. :rolleyes:

Casper, we waited for you.;)