Ballistic Performance EVO2 Lightweight Motorcycle Batteries

RidersDiscount

Riders Discount is a stocking dealer for Ballistic Performance EVO2 aftermarket motorcycle batteries. These aren’t relabeled shrink-wrapped store-bought batteries, but instead they’re hand-made in the USA lithium iron phosphate batteries that are engineered to be extremely light, durable and powerful with every component designed specifically for use in high-performance motorcycles. If you’re looking to save a significant amount of weight, and improve your motorcycle’s starting performance, look no further than Ballistic Performance EVO2 batteries. Superbikes are designed to be as light as possible yet they still employ rather arcane lead-acid batteries that comparatively, weight a ton. Depending on the application, you can expect to save up to ten pounds of weight just by switching batteries! This is a considerable amount of mass that will be noticeably absent the first time you ride the bike with this battery installed.

From a maintenance standpoint, a conventional lead-acid battery will lose much of its charge, even during short-term storage which is why trickle chargers are so popular today. Ballistic Performance lightweight lithium iron phosphate motorcycle batteries have a very low self-discharge rate and can easily be expected to withstand indoor storage for a year or more with no recharging required to start your bike afterwards!

Another big advantage of this aftermarket motorcycle battery, other than its light weight - is its power output performance. Pound-for-pound, conventional lead-acid batteries do not transfer electricity nearly as efficiently as Ballistic Performance batteries and consequently, must be built oversized to make up for this. The result is a battery that weighs significantly more yet provides less starting power output than a Ballistic Performance motorcycle battery. And unlike some aftermarket battery manufacturers that want you to buy their expensive charging equipment, Ballistic Performance batteries come with clear instructions to fully charge EVO2 batteries in fifteen minutes with conventional battery chargers.

Nineteenth century lead-acid battery technology does not belong in your bike – step into the new millennium with an EVO2 battery by calling Mike at 866.931.6644 x 804 to order or send a message to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE EVO2 BATTERIES in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Four, eight and twelve cell batteries are available to suit a wide range of applications. From dirtbikes to high-compression V-twins – if you’re unsure of your needs, call us for advice on what best suits your application.

ballisticperformancelig.jpg

Each EVO2 battery comes fully charged out of the box, simply plug in and you’re ready to go. The high-strength plastic chassis provides a durable package for the LiFePO4 cathode that’s up to the challenge of the starting high-compression engines. Plus its small size frees up room within your bike’s battery box for popular aftermarket tuning equipment like a Power Commander or a Bazzaz Performance tuning kit.

Smaller and lighter than your bike’s OEM battery, Ballistic Performance EVO2 batteries plug directly into your motorcycle’s OEM wire harness. No special connection hardware required. Simply plug in and ride! Best of all, unlike some manufacturers of lightweight batteries, Ballistic Performance provides the precise charging recipe in the packaging of each battery so you can quickly charge the device anytime you feel necessary.

No cheap plastic shrink wrap packaging here! Every Ballistic Performance Battery is made with a durable two-piece chassis that houses four, eight or twelve powerful cells to turn your bike’s engine over fast and reliably.

We stocked heavy so you can ride light. Ballistic Performance LiFePO4 aftermarket motorcycle batteries are ready to ship!

ballistic_performance_lightweight_motorcycle_batteries-1.jpg

Edited by RidersDiscount

just bought one of these (8-cell) from TJ last week. used it at BeaveRun in my GSXR600. the weight savings are SIGNIFICANT! Also, you can't beat 99 bucks for a 4-cell, especially if you are using it in an inline-4 race bike. puts all those "other" lightweight battery folks to shame when they try and bill you 200+ for the same technology.

oh, yeah, RD rocks. bought it at the last minute on a Friday. TJ/Mike had it on my doorstep THE NEXT DAY!!!!!!!!

RidersDiscount is full of win!

Recommendation for an 05 zx6r?

A 4 cell should be fine for an 05 ZX6R.

My worry would be with the typical lithium ion problems like melting, fire, etc. Any reports of things like this happening with these batteries?

There hasn't been any reports that I am aware of. We use them in all of our race bikes and have been very pleased with the performance of the product.

just bought one of these (8-cell) from TJ last week. used it at BeaveRun in my GSXR600. the weight savings are SIGNIFICANT! Also, you can't beat 99 bucks for a 4-cell, especially if you are using it in an inline-4 race bike. puts all those "other" lightweight battery folks to shame when they try and bill you 200+ for the same technology.

oh, yeah, RD rocks. bought it at the last minute on a Friday. TJ/Mike had it on my doorstep THE NEXT DAY!!!!!!!!

RidersDiscount is full of win!

Thanks for the positive feedback, I appreciate it!

Can these be used with a battery tender? I know some of the others can't and use their own.

I guess my question would be why use a battery tender with this battery? It says it'll store for over a year without needing recharged. Did I miss something?

Can these be used with a battery tender? I know some of the others can't and use their own.

It can't be used with a battery tender and no real need to. It only loses up to 10% off it's charge over a year. Ballistic is coming out with a battery charger in the future designed to work for their batteries. The best way to charge right now is with an older charger like a Craftsmen that has the read out dials. Here is the information regarding charging instructions.

Standard Charge: 2A @ 13.8-14.4V for 45 minutes

Maximum Charge Rate:

4 Cell (101-100) - 10A @ 13.8-14.4V for 15 minutes.

8 Cell (101-103) - 20A @ 13.8-14.4V for 15 minutes.

12 Cell (101-105) - 20A @ 13.8-14.4V for 15 minutes.

Great questions regarding the product, let me know if you would like to try one.

Edited by RidersDiscount

I guess my question would be why use a battery tender with this battery? It says it'll store for over a year without needing recharged. Did I miss something?

Seeing as how this was not posted I had to ask. Also if that is all it looses why come out with a charger?

Seeing as how this was not posted I had to ask. Also if that is all it looses why come out with a charger?

Another great question, the answer is simple. Most of the new chargers and/or battery tenders don't allow you to select the amount of amperage/voltage you can charge at. If you charge it over 14.4 volts or over the maximum time allowed then you can ruin the battery. They are coming out with a new charger to take all the guess work out of things. Hope that helps!

• 3 months later...

A big advantage we found when using Ballistic batteries is that it's much easier to install aftermarket tuning devices, like a Power Commander, in the space left over when the OEM battery is out of the equation. Take this BMW's battery tray, for example. All the space you see around used to be taken up by the heavy lead-acid unit!

bmw_s1000rr_battery_1.jpg