Considering a BUELL for my next bike....

gsxr07

Found an S3 locally here, was wondering what the thought was on this particular one for sale on craigslist; http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2463355954.html

I have a buell motorcycle, New tires, lots of aftermarket parts good bike for anyone, was built for touring but it also is an awsome bike for crosstown fun.

Email for info I have owned the bike for just over a year now, I put a little over 7k miles on it last year, it now has just over 20k on it. Willing to trade for decient jet boat or nicer jet ski. maybe other things but i will not trade for junk. No Joy rides. Unless you have a 3000 dollar deposit.

Aftermarket Parts:

K&N Force winder intake

Oil cooler located behind front tire on frame

kat eye turn signals (just on back)

BDL Light weight drive pulley

N2 Cams

Engine Bored 1300+ cc

DSCF1116.jpg

Buell isn't out pf business, they just aren't with Harley Davidson any more. If I recall right Buell is producing one this year and then next year or so going to add more models to their lineup.

Of all the Buells, the older tube frame models are the ones that seem to have some collector value. Few were made and quite a few were hacked up for chopper projects. The S3 is a cool bike...but HD is the ONLY source of parts, which is spotty at best.

The new Buell company (EBR) makes some race parts for XBs and 1125s, but they do not have OEM replacement parts.

Buell isn't out pf business, they just aren't with Harley Davidson any more. If I recall right Buell is producing one this year and then next year or so going to add more models to their lineup.

Buell is out of business, or atleast the brand has been canceled like Oldsmobile and Saturn. Harley still owns the rights to the name and the motorcycle designs.

EBR is Eric Buell's new company which makes a new motorcycle and is mostly unrelated to the old Buell motorcycle company.

However Harley has committed to providing parts for Buell motorcycles for some time (don't remember the exact time), so parts should be available.

Craig

I think a lot of people are confused about the fact that "Buell Motorcycles" is a totally separate company from "Erik Buell Racing."

Pretend for a minute that his last name isn't in both business names, and that they both just happen to produce motorcycles.

As others have mentioned, Harley Davidson "owns" any designs made by Buell Motorcycles. They may allow EBR to continue making add-on performance parts for those bikes though. Erik himself (independent from either company) also likely holds the patents for much of the technology used in Buell Motorcycles, as well as EBR motorcycles.

with that S3, I don't think engine parts will be a problem, but good luck finding (cheap) spares and such. Even replacement brake rotors and pads would be a bit of a concern...