Other than Ohio, what state......

buildit

is the best motorcycling state in the continental US? Also tell us why. ;)

My vote is for Colorado. I've only ridden there once but was blown away by the awsome scenery and dirt roads and passes. The Western half more than makes up for the Eastern half which is actually part of Kansas, the worst state. :lol:

Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina get an honorable mention for the tristate area around the Great Smokey National Park. :)

I hear maine is as good as colorado but ill not be able to comment on it till I go there in about three weeks

Be carefull, some of the state parks don't allow motorcycles to enter. But if it's like the Adirondacks you'll love it.:bow:

Rhode Island because it's such a big state! :riding:

Oh man I'm so stoked to go ride in Rhode Is---*fack* we're in Massachusetts already.

On topic: I've found roads I enjoy in every state I've rode in thus far.

I dont think you can say any one state is "best". There are so many good places to ride. ---- On the other end of the stick, there is def states that would suck, starting with Florida and Kansas.

I know it's a matter of opinion and criteria will differ. So read "BEST" as Your Favorite. ;)

Be carefull, some of the state parks don't allow motorcycles to enter.

I'm confused... How can they deny access to a specific type of vehicle? If it's registered, street legal, and insured, I don't understand how they can prevent anyone from riding/driving without a valid safety reason.

If tractor trailers are allowed through Deal's Gap, how can they claim Motorcycles are unsafe on a given road?

I am not a fan of Florida but I can say it offers many good things for motorcycle riders, Starting with year round riding, good road conditionw riding along the ocean is also very nice, with the ocean and the swamps there is great wildlife to be seen. You many not like it because it does not have mountains or alot of twistys but all winter while its snowing here there still riding

I'm confused... How can they deny access to a specific type of vehicle? If it's registered, street legal, and insured, I don't understand how they can prevent anyone from riding/driving without a valid safety reason.

If tractor trailers are allowed through Deal's Gap, how can they claim Motorcycles are unsafe on a given road?

None of them will let you take a gun in but I take it anyways. I dont mind riding where im not permitted, its fun till they drag you out, and even then it can get exciting

• Downvote 1

I asked the same question and even the AMA has been unsuccessful arguing the point with Maine. But even Florida has laws aimed at motorcycles for speeding and wreckless opp that don't apply to cars.

Two wheels means you have half the rights. :rolleyes:

Haven't rode, but drove some of Columbia River pass from Portland, OR to the Pacific. Scenery was excellent, roads were nice and twisty (and recently paved), just an overall good drive. Really wish I had rented a moto.

I know it's a matter of opinion and criteria will differ. So read "BEST" as Your Favorite. ;)

Ok I'll bite -

Favorites in no particular order --

Been riding in the 12 states below - all are great.

NorCal

Oregon

Arizona

New Mexico

Colorado

Ohio

West Virginia

Tennesese

Kentucky

North Carolina

Georgia

Virginia

Havent been riding in below but no reason they shouldnt be great too.

Washington

Montana

Pennsylvania

Utah

New York

NH

Vermont

Maine

That's enuff to keep busy. Have road, will ride.....:cool:

Edited by mello dude

Ok I'll bite -

Havent been riding in below but no reason they shouldnt be great too.

Washington

Montana

Pennsylvania

Utah

New York

NH

Vermont

Maine

That's enuff to keep busy. Have road, will ride.....:cool:

I can say New York and Pennsylvania are great if you stay out of the cities and in the hills. Montana was awsome even though I only road around Yellowstone and down past Yellowstone lake. It really is Big Sky Country.;)

California.

Mountain roads, coastal roads, desert roads, lots of off road, year round riding in the southern half, LANE SPLITTING.

:+15million: there's something to be said for starting your day at 80〫by the ocean, then riding up to 8000'+ to the snow for lunch and back again. Riding the canyons of Malibu has to be one of the most surreal rides in this country.

California.

Mountain roads, coastal roads, desert roads, lots of off road, year round riding in the southern half, LANE SPLITTING.

yep,California.Everything psyco1 said plus people will pull off to let you pass and much more motorcycle friendly drivers.California has every kind of riding you can ask for and the scenery is diverse and,at times,spectacular.

I thought about taking my bike and moving to CA just so I can live in one of the best states to ride in, since I have family there. It's too bad that I would be pretty much a poor, broke biker due to the high cost of living.