41 members have voted

1. 1. Dates for August Meet & Greet

• Saturday August 6th
    • Sunday August 7th
    • Saturday August 13th
    • Sunday August 14th
    • Saturday August 20th
    • Sunday August 21st

Time to resurrect a meet & greet that was planned for last year but didn't happened. The plan would be to reserve the banquet room at Tony Packo's located at 1902 Front St. Toledo, Ohio. I've posted a poll for dates, each of the first 3 Saturday and Sunday's in August. Hopefully we can pull this together.

I am free whenever in August and will make time for this. Was supposed to happen last year but we went to the poker run instead for max power. I have yet to eat at Tony Packo's and only live like a half an hour away.

a meet in toledo? nothing more central? i mean im down to go to toledo if anyone wants to meet in the cleveland area and ride out together, i would rather ride with someone going that far cuz its almost 2 hours from me.

Wow. I just looked at the map, and there is absolutely NO fun way to get there. Now I know why you guys are willing to head down here to ride with us!

nope, 95% strait highway for me which is why i wanna ride with someone, its quite a boring ride.

a meet in toledo? nothing more central? i mean im down to go to toledo if anyone wants to meet in the cleveland area and ride out together, i would rather ride with someone going that far cuz its almost 2 hours from me.

It's Ohio Riders, not Central Ohio Riders. The goal last year was to plan a few meet and greets around other parts of the state. I'm not sure if any actually happened though. Last year was an odd year anyway.

It's Ohio Riders, not Central Ohio Riders. The goal last year was to plan a few meet and greets around other parts of the state. I'm not sure if any actually happened though. Last year was an odd year anyway.

i mean more central in the state in general because toledo is like the upper most corner so its a haul for anyone as well as a boring ride, just my $.02

nope, 95% strait highway for me which is why i wanna ride with someone, its quite a boring ride.

There are some pretty cool people up in the NW part of Ohio though, as long as Sam and Fonz stay away! :lol:

(I kid, those guys are cool, too.)

i mean more central in the state in general because toledo is like the upper most corner so its a haul for anyone as well as a boring ride, just my $.02

Jagr was working on something for central Ohio, but it looks like that might be on hold, I'm guessing. I'm sure there will be other opportunities to meet and greet in central Ohio, and it looks like the OR bike night is going to be Rule 3 in Pickerington on Wed. each week. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

The thought was to have one in each geographic area of the state at some point in time. Toledo was picked last year because several of us who now live in Central Ohio grew up in Toledo and Packo's is a nostalgic place to eat. As is the case with any event you can't make everyone happy. Come across via 2 and enjoy the lake view and smell of dead fish.

Wow. I just looked at the map, and there is absolutely NO fun way to get there. Now I know why you guys are willing to head down here to ride with us!

I planned this route as a possible to stay off the slab and have at least a few turns in the trip.

http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=1-keBQwwpM

cbus is just as far. If I'm available when this is planned then I'd go for shits and giggles. I've heard lots about this place and never been

I just remembered that there would also be a good group photo op available near by for those who attend. The museum ship Willis B. Boyer has just been renovated, repainted and renamed. It is about 3 miles from Packo's and would make a great backdrop for a photo.

http://boatnerd.com/news/newsthumbsb/images-11-2/All-ready.jpg

There are always meets in central OH, Columbus area. I have no problem with that and I make the trip as it is more of a centralized location for everyone. There are always rides planned by members and other meets in about every corner of OH besides NW. I am not complaing about traveling to other places, NW OH does have a couple decent roads but not like the rest of the state. It is pretty boring up here but we need some love too.

How are ya gonna get to packo$ on the east side since the Ash Street bridge came down...or was that Buckets St. Bridge? Is it like near Trilby and Tremainsville Road? Fun at nite by Cherry Street bridge...Anchor inn still there...I can still picture the muzzle flashes. Who'd admit to being from Toledo?

HMMM..this good be fun...even if it on the east side (snark, snark).

Still a Packos on Sylvania Ave?

Yes slab and speed traps at Monroeville and Woodville.....could be fun.

We might ride up....tho over 3 hrs to end up in the metropolis called Toledo is not on my bucket list....lol....based on google maps you might as well say southeast Michigan....lol

So whats this joint we're supposed to meet up at??

Also, anyone from down Circleville way contemplating joining in on the festivities?? I mapped it and the most direct rt is straight up 23.

How are ya gonna get to packo$ on the east side since the Ash Street bridge came down...or was that Buckets St. Bridge? Is it like near Trilby and Tremainsville Road? Fun at nite by Cherry Street bridge...Anchor inn still there...I can still picture the muzzle flashes. Who'd admit to being from Toledo?

HMMM..this good be fun...even if it on the east side (snark, snark).

Still a Packos on Sylvania Ave?

Yes slab and speed traps at Monroeville and Woodville.....could be fun.

No need to cross the river to get there unless you are coming from north of Toledo. If you need to cross the river there is the new suspension bridge over 280 right by Packo's, the Hi Level Bridge just west of Downtown and the bridge over the river on 75. There is not a location on Sylvania Ave. The closest to Sylvania Ave is the Monroe St. just off 23 N.

We might ride up....tho over 3 hrs to end up in the metropolis called Toledo is not on my bucket list....lol....based on google maps you might as well say southeast Michigan....lol

So whats this joint we're supposed to meet up at??

Also, anyone from down Circleville way contemplating joining in on the festivities?? I mapped it and the most direct rt is straight up 23.

Tonypackos.com

historic resturant in East Toledo made famous by Jamie Farr (Klinger in M.A.S.H.). May not know of this depending on your age.

I have a back road route planned to avoid the main State Routes to make the trip as fun as possible. See link in original post.

I might do this and then I'll have an excuss to go to Cabelas

Excellent choice. The Dundee store is pretty nice and just over an hour away.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks but I have to back out of this. I am an ass for setting it up and the backing out. My weekends in August have all been booked in the past 2 weeks. I have my sons birthday party, a end of summer family vaca and I forgot the Dublin Irish Festival is the first weekend. If someone from central Ohio wants to take over in my place please feel free and let em know. If you want to take the route I planned, I could scout it out if I have to go to Detroit for work next week. Again I'm sorry for f'ing this up.

Edited by cmh_sprint