Seattle trip so far...

Jst2fst

Well I'm here in Washington and its a completely different change cagers actually notice motorcycles and the Harley riders acknowledge sport bike riders as well. Fresh air and tall pine's line the highways and plenty of curvy roads while on the highway. Only thing that really sucks is that the state patrol is always out and will pull you over for going five over the 60mph speed limit. Went to Seattle and saw a small portion of Pike's Market it was a mad house when we were their so will be back when its not so crowded. I love it out here quiet and beautiful sceneary. You can see Mt. Rainier from the highway on 3 South. As well from the Tacoma Narrows bridge its only fifty miles away and still looks huge from that distance. I tried to get a good picture but it looks like crap so I gotta get another one. I have some pictures and will post them up once I get some time. Plenty of motorcycles out here as well seems to be a good mix of all types. On our way to Seattle we took a ferry and their are some nice homes along the lake front kinda jealous as I want one.

Well that's all I have for now and this thread is where I will do updates.

Ok, so here is a picture slide show from photo bucket I hope this link works.

LINK to pictures below:

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n547/Jst2fst/?albumview=slideshow

Edited by Jst2fst

I was there for work once in August and drove up Mt. Rainier to 5500ft and then walked up to about 7500 where the snow started. Can't really remember if the condition of that road was sportbike friendly or not - but the coworker driving the rental had a white-knuckle grip on the steering wheel and sweat running down his face. They wouldn't let me drive. :D

P.S. Said if I ever go back there again I'm taking skis - met a guy climbing up out of a ravine that hiked up to around 10000 and skied down the glacier. I think he said it took him about 4.5 hours to hike up and 1.5 to ski down - stopped and ate lunch about halfway.

Edited by brn6604

If you get the chance, take a loop of the Olympic peninsula. Definitely Gods country there but rain gear is required. I have spent a bit of time in the Seattle area for work. I just wish I would had a bike when I was there. Have a fun & safe journey.

Ok, I'm trying to upload pictures right now. Can't seem to upload all of them to OR albums yet so I'm gonna try a batch upload on a different site and paste in here Check back in a few hopefully I'll of figured it out by then.

Nice photos. I am jealous - I lived out in Seattle on and off for the last few years and love it out there.

Have fun and stay safe.

Yea, I like it out here and I've only been on a few roads no twists just yet probably this weekend with a couple of other guys we might hit the mountain roads now that sounds like some fun to be had.

Yea, I like it out here and I've only been on a few roads no twists just yet probably this weekend with a couple of other guys we might hit the mountain roads now that sounds like some fun to be had.

The best performance road I found while I was out there was route 112 out toward Neah Bay on the Olympic Peninsular. Nice and twisty and gnarly with incredible scenery.

Hurricane Ridge is definitely worth a try too - good and curvy with awe inspiring alpine views.

Overall, I rode many spectacular roads around the islands and the cascades but few were technically challenging like our SEO roads.

If you're hooked up with some locals, you'll find enough to keep you happy.

Off topic a bit... if you get a chance, try and get on a whale watch trip - it's amazing to watch pods of Orcas dancing around your boat.

Edited by bambam

Only thing that really sucks is that the state patrol is always out and will pull you over for going five over the 60mph speed limit.

Uh-Oh! I hope you aren't speaking from experience!

Great pics, keep adding them!

Have a great time

:busa:

Glad you're having fun. I traveled up toward Spokane on my way back from CA. Can't go wrong wherever you go. US 101, PCH, and I'll throw in CA-199 and CA-128 in the mix too for super scenic twisties as you ride south. :)

I was out in Seattle last March. Beautiful country out there. Stopped off at Mt Rainer and Mt St Helen on my way down to Portland. Great place to visit.

Some nice pics you took.

Yea,it's nice out hear shame I'm leaving Sunday. Gonna head back to Seattle a few more times this week before I leave. Wanna get more pictures for sure.

Glad you're having fun. I traveled up toward Spokane on my way back from CA. Can't go wrong wherever you go. US 101, PCH, and I'll throw in CA-199 and CA-128 in the mix too for super scenic twisties as you ride south. :)

Yea, I'm making the best of it. Hopefully next year when I come back out we can actually hit Cali.

Well it's been real and I've enjoyed my time here in Washington but I'll be heading back this Sunday. I will definitely miss the scenery and waterfronts. As well cool weather out here. I will for sure be back up this way sometime in the near future. I don't wanna leave this weekend but I have to. Rode plenty put about 1000 miles on the bike this months less than I wanted to but still fun. With the pictures I took I can relive the experience when Ohio is getting on my nerves. Man I wish this trip did not have to end I'm glad I came out here.