Huge Problem: Skunk in livetrap!!

max power

Well, due to not wanting to take a chance of stinkin up the yard, we took the pinko way out and covered the cage and opened the lid.....but I almost shot him in the face just to piss you beetches off. :D

Good job! Now stop by Sara's, not Sarah's. I hear she needs some help!

The sad fact is that city people don't shoot and eat the city animals like they used to do back in the day. The result is some rather large populations of healthy city animals that live well over 10 years instead of the normal 2 or 3 of their rural cousins. They get that from eating human garbage with all it's nutrients and vitamins. The result is many more offspring than is normal, raising the population even higher. This is not natural, nor is it healthy for humans. Most of these animals carry diseases that harm humans and other animals we domesticate.

• Upvote 1

The sad fact is that city people don't shoot and eat the city animals like they used to do back in the day. The result is some rather large populations of healthy city animals that live well over 10 years instead of the normal 2 or 3 of their rural cousins. They get that from eating human garbage with all it's nutrients and vitamins. The result is many more offspring than is normal, raising the population even higher. This is not natural, nor is it healthy for humans. Most of these animals carry diseases that harm humans and other animals we domesticate.

This guy is not only a genius, but correct. :bow:

Now snakes on the other hand, have no diseases for humans. They eat rodents and vermin. They don't eat your plants, dig in your garden, get in your garbage, or tear the shingles off your roof to get in. And yet people kill them on sight, when they are best left alone to help us out.

Now snakes on the other hand, have no diseases for humans. They eat rodents and vermin. They don't eat your plants, dig in your garden, get in your garbage, or tear the shingles off your roof to get in. And yet people kill them on sight, when they are best left alone to help us out.

For the record, I dont like snakes, but agree and I dont kill them. They go their way, I go the other way. Fortunately, we dont get many around here.

A few weeks ago we cought a momma and 6 baby skunks, 4 of the babies were on the outside of the cage and being under a year old they cant spray. I walked up to the cage with a big blanket and covered it. We had the cage on a sheet of plywood so it was gonna be easier to carry. Of course I had to hold a baby but anyways we carefully carried the cage and put it into the bed of the truck, drove like 20 minutes down the road and we released them. Mommy skunk was pissed and sprayed under the blanket but the smell wasnt so strong. I slowly opened the trap door and she ran like hell and the babies hung out for a little bit.

I did want to see what the AR would do BUT it was at my ex-inlaws house and she isnt a fan of guns and killing animals but he was all for it until we seen the babies. I would have liked to see what hydra-shocks for my XD(M) 40 would do too :)

snakes and lizards carry salmonella on their body. ever see the hand sanitizer in the reptile houses at the zoo's?

that's why.

humans carry diseases that can kill other animals too. why no shoot your snot nosed kids and keep everyone at work from catching it.

snakes and lizards carry salmonella on their body. ever see the hand sanitizer in the reptile houses at the zoo's?

that's why.

humans carry diseases that can kill other animals too. why no shoot your snot nosed kids and keep everyone at work from catching it.

so? pretty much all animals can carry salmonella....shit, you can pick it up licking the spoon after mixing cake batter, or cutting up raw chicken for a meal youre cooking for dinner

so? pretty much all animals can carry salmonella....shit, you can pick it up licking the spoon after mixing cake batter, or cutting up raw chicken for a meal youre cooking for dinner

exactly so what is the big surprise about the skunk that "might" be sick? like I said, your kids probably carry more diseases than any wild animal.

exactly so what is the big surprise about the skunk that "might" be sick? like I said, your kids probably carry more diseases than any wild animal.

nobody cares if it has rabies....shawn has a skunk problem at his house (there was a bunch of OR members there having a cookout last summer when we got rained out by a skunk)....so hes trying to eradicate the problem and now the hippies are acting like hes murdering an infant child or something.....i dont see the problem, its a varmint, same as shooting a groundhog or trapping a mouse in my book

Max,

I did not read every page, so i don't know if this has been covered. Call the Columbus Zoo, tell them your story ans see if they would like it for their exhibits.

Sorry about not reading all the threads, they can get a little off at times.

Good luck.

Ride safe all.

Greg

nobody cares if it has rabies....shawn has a skunk problem at his house (there was a bunch of OR members there having a cookout last summer when we got rained out by a skunk)....so hes trying to eradicate the problem and now the hippies are acting like hes murdering an infant child or something.....i dont see the problem, its a varmint, same as shooting a groundhog or trapping a mouse in my book

^ This

is true. I dont give a fuck about the cry babies, the worthless varmint would be dead as of this morning if I could do it without it spraying. Not a chance I'm all that interested in taking, so it goes free. Thats not to say I wont pop it if I see it out in the field.

Max,

I did not read every page, so i don't know if this has been covered. Call the Columbus Zoo, tell them your story ans see if they would like it for their exhibits.

Sorry about not reading all the threads, they can get a little off at times.

Good luck.

Ride safe all.

Greg

Thanks for the input Greg, but I dont think the zoo is gonna be too interested in a run of the mill skunk and time is up. I need to mow my grass and the dog is puffing up full of shit. She is like my wife and absolutely refuses to shit in front of me, and is getting really pissed about going out on a leash.