I hate thieves!

cornbreadxd

i dont think it counts for setting up boobie traps.

if it does allow for traps, i'll station a RuPaul underneath every window in my house and cars. my only regret is that I can't effectively hide one in my bikes.

yeah, you are not allowed to set booby traps.

castle doctrine applies to deadly force, not booby traps.

its not for protecting property either, its for when you feel your life is in danger.

Found something similar...

Ohio give you civil protection if you defend youreself against a trespasser (HUGE oversimplification, but...) except for a few situations. One of which is 2305.40 C(3)

... (if) self-defense or defense of a third person is not involved, and the owner, lessee, renter, or family member intends to create a risk of injury, death, or loss to person or property of any trespasser by direct or indirect means, including, but not limited to, the use of spring guns, traps, or other dangerous instrumentalities.

The key is "self defense is not involved". You have a lot of leeway to protect a *person*, but if you set an unattended and dangerous boody trap and the trespasser is injured by it and the injury is therefore not directly related to defending a person, then the civil immunity goes away and you can be sued.

The razor-blade trick makes for a good story at the bar, but in real life he could have 'fessed up to an attempted misdemeanor theft and gotten a $100 fine, and then sued you for his injures. Permanent injuries could mean a big payout.

I got hit by the a fucking thief today too. I got a text message from my bank because a $914.75 Walmart.com transaction came out of my account and I get messages for anything over $500. Well it turns out someone has my card info again, this is the second time. I went through this about a year ago. It looks like I have it all taken care of now and am getting issued a new card but these worthless jackasses need a damn life. I wish they would start doing televised public punishments for criminals.

Have you traced the source to where/who got your number? Non-SSL transactions, using your card at a restaurant where the server swipes your card out of sight, etc?

I'll usually use a credit card if the card physically leaves my sight vs. a debit card.