anybody ever shoot the glock 20 or 29 10mm

614busa

.45 will make a bigger hole.

.45 will be easier to find in a SHTF situation.

.45 is less expensive (in general).

Never have shot 10mm. Performance about (and I stress 'about' before all the 'experts' chime in) equal to .357 mag.

I always advise 'try it before you buy it' if you can. Since it's your buddy selling it, I'd assume he'll let you try it.

My $0.022 worth.

.45 will make a bigger hole.

.45 will be easier to find in a SHTF situation.

.45 is less expensive (in general).

Never have shot 10mm. Performance about (and I stress 'about' before all the 'experts' chime in) equal to .357 mag.

I always advise 'try it before you buy it' if you can. Since it's your buddy selling it, I'd assume he'll let you try it.

My $0.022 worth.

10mm is all around a better gun. Yes it's more expensive, harder to find no! I like to put windows in hood rats, with a .45 you just make a big entry wound most of the time.

isnt 10mm closer to 40 than it is 45? 10mm a longer .40 with more powder, but its nothing like a .45

picking between 45 and 10mm is the same as picking between 45 and 40....if you want a lighter bullet with more energy but a smaller wound channel, 10mm is what you want (or 40 if thats the only option)....if you want a slower heavier bullet then you want a 45

personally, i like .40, .357sig, and 10mm all better than i like 45....i would rank it 10mm, .357sig, .40, and then 45 in order of what caliber ide choose for SD

in all reality, any of the 4 are going to put somebody out of commission......so buy whichever caliber you feel better shooting....some people hate how 10mm shoots and prefer 45, but some people dont mind it

in my opinion, 10mm is the ultimate SD caliber....i had to settle for .40 because HK doesnt make a 10mm...but if i bought a glock, thats the caliber i would choose....ide like to own a glock 29 in 10mm as a BUG

10mm is expensive to shoot....might not be a good beginners gun because you will want a lot of practice and a lot of trigger time, which gets expensive...but if youve been shooting awhile and just want another gun the 10mm should be great for you

Edited by Steve Butters

10mm is a waste. The FBI almost adopted that round but they didn't and they don't even use it in their firearms today. Chances are you will never shoot a person- even if you do, shot placement is where it's at. Buy a .40 if you are worried about velocity and power while still saving some $$$ on ammo.

10mm is a waste. The FBI almost adopted that round but they didn't and they don't even use it in their firearms today. Chances are you will never shoot a person- even if you do, shot placement is where it's at. Buy a .40 if you are worried about velocity and power while still saving some $$$ on ammo.

The FBI still uses the 10mm MP5.

10mm, .357 Sig, .41 are becoming less and less popular. I shoot .40 and 45acp personally I have a .357 Sig barrel for one of my .40s. I think I'm going to order a 9mm conversion barrel and mags for shtf situation just to cover the caliber.

Stick with a more common caliber unless you are getting the 10mm gun at a discount. The 40s&w and the 10mm share the same bullet diameter and the same range of bullet weights. The only advantage of the 10mm over the 40s&w is about 100fps faster at the muzzle in any given bullet weight than the 40. And even that has started to diminish as stronger 40s&w loads become available. My Loading manual show the case length on the 10mm to be .142 inch longer than the 40 with all other measurements the same.

As for felt recoil I have fired a friends full size Glock in 10mm and it doesn't recoil noticeably worst than a 40s&w does. It feels like a 40 with a +p or maybe just one bullet weight higher than what is actually in the gun. It's not anything that is gonna rip your hand up like switching from 38 special light target loads to 357 defense loads.

The FBI still uses the 10mm MP5.

They are in the inventory but rarely fielded. As HOT as 10mm is it's still a pistol round. The M4's are fielded more. Lotta bag guys are wearing armor now days and it takes a rifle to punch it. Most Of the FeeB guys were using .223 Hornady TAP as long as 4 Years back.

Big balistic downside of 10mm IS SPEED vs tissue dispalcement on a subject target. Knock Down Factor vs Ft Lbs Energy. The 10 is just too damn fast for a pistol and too slow for a rifle. (see the .30 Carbine) It just dont "slam" hard as a HOT 9mm or BRICK of the .45. Why the Feds when they ran it downloaded them to .40 S&W specs. On paper it was the next "new" thing. In the field it was less damage on target and more recoil. A great idea that just did not work in combat. Bummer, cause I wass an early fan back in the day when Don Johnson had the Bren Ten...

bren-ten.jpg

don-johnson-as-sonny-crockett-holding-a-bren-ten.jpg