Will GoPro be a worth while purchase?

NinjaDoc

I been thinking a lot about getting a gopro, part of me is saying rather than spending on something which we eventually run out of interest, it would be better to buy some thing else with hard earned money.

Anyone got some advice, any one with the gopro here who doesnt use it any more? I am very much interested in movie making and stuff and like to shoot with the cam and edit etc. just the thought of spending 300 on some camera that just has one mode of shooting and nothing else :confused: i know its a vague question

you could always do what I just did. I was in the same boat of whether I would use one enough or not so I ended up scoring a cheap SD GoPro for like $80 with suction mount and all. If I end up loving it more than I think or using it more then I can just upgrade to a nice HD one later

ah thats good,

the think is the videos on youtube most often do justice to the cam since half the fault might be with the user rendering it unfavorable to youtube etc etc is there any good example videos u got about sd gopro?

ah thats good,

the think is the videos on youtube most often do justice to the cam since half the fault might be with the user rendering it unfavorable to youtube etc etc is there any good example videos u got about sd gopro?

I've yet to actually use it. Bought it a month ago and just finally got the bike back this week but haven't had the time to mess around with it

one stupid question, so the 3m stick will be permanent right ?

how about the suction? is it strong enuf... why i ask if i wanted to share with somebody thats the only option.

why do some say contour is better?

Edited by NinjaDoc

I been thinking a lot about getting a gopro, part of me is saying rather than spending on something which we eventually run out of interest

when recording your rides get boring, just start making sex tapes. in HD no less.

• 3 weeks later...

There are different modes. Nothing fancy, just resolution, or regular camera. i will say that helmet mounting, and riding the highway can be a pain. that's where the contour would shine. I like my go pro. I just need some editing software to really utilize it.