please evaluate this route....

MIKE53ALI

Just have a alternative planned in case things are taking way longer than expected.

I sometimes plan a route that ends up taking longer than I thought, if it does

I modifiy it on the fly.

Quite a long ride you have there but 536 must be taken very carefully. Especially if your heading towards Rt.7. Coming from 7 it's a little less nerve-wracking though.

so I've read... thats why I planned it that way.

and I'm taking into consideration the fact I'm coming from the northeast.... so total ride time is gonna be longer?

how are the road conditions on this route?

can we do sunday? but then again, i guess why not just ride to cbus on sunday for the meet and greet since both take pretty much the same time. Meet and greet happens only once in a while the ride we can do may be even the week after that.

there is a small family owned riverside restaurant in powhattan point if u guys wanna check it out

You guys go ahead on saturday if every ones down for it. I will join up some other day

can we do sunday? but then again, i guess why not just ride to cbus on sunday for the meet and greet since both take pretty much the same time. Meet and greet happens only once in a while the ride we can do may be even the week after that.

there is a small family owned riverside restaurant in powhattan point if u guys wanna check it out

You guys go ahead on saturday if every ones down for it. I will join up some other day

whats that restaurant called?

• 2 weeks later...
i'm curious how one remembers a route like this, while on the go?

i would get so lost so quick.

i picked up a garmin nuvi 765 on ebay which you can map your own routes on mapquest and upload it to the gps

or a tank bag with a map holder

or in the past I've written directions on paper and used painters tape to attach it to my tank

• 3 weeks later...

bumpin' it to tell everyone that this maybe goin' to the "rides and events" soon

after thinkin bout it through... just a heads up... I'm not gonna be flyin' through this route..... I welcome all who wants to ride, but never traveling these roads before is gonna keep the speeds somewhere between cruiser and insane. I would call the speed brisky but not risky...

148 had a closed detour 2 weeks ago, I rode up to it and there is no getting around it, if it is still closed IDK, the road was completely gone, it looked like a bridge replacement.

536 is not that fun since they replaced the speed bumps with tar patches, the bike gets very shifty when crossing them.

Have a safe ride!