Jacket question

Jamez

I am a big believer in AGATT

I find that id ride far more often if I was cooler. I know the typical response is "deal with it" or something similar.

I currently have a Scorpion Exo textile jacket. It seems pretty decent but is crazy hot. Its very thick and I know the color black doesn't help.

I've been looking into getting another jacket and saving this one for cooler weather but I don't know what jacket has the best airflow.

I've been looking at Astars and JoeRockets and they all have clever names for each jacket but don't offer a lot of description.

id really like to stick with textile

its also hard to tell which one is cooler by trying them on. Its not like they will let you cruse down the street wearing each one. I know I'm going for a lighter color to start with but is there any jackets that you guys recommend or have good things to say about? Basically I'm looking for help shopping for a new jacket and my first priority is airflow and safety. I'm not too worried about price because it has to deal with my safety and comfort so I don't mind dropping some cash.

Thanks alot

I have an old Joe Rocket mesh with good protection, think its a Pheonix. Also one from a company called Dragon Skin it also has zip out liner. Both are great for hot weather, I've worn the D.S. with liner in upper 40s and 50s .

Joe Rocket mesh Phoenix. Try it on without the liner. If you buy it too big, the armor is useless. Mesh isn't textile and is nowhere near leather, but it's better than nothing and keeps me riding.

I have an older version of the Fieldsheer Congo 2 jacket thats really nice. It's heavier than a mesh jacket (they call it technical gear) It has shoulder and back vents for cooling. CE armor in back, shoulders and elbows. Arms have adjustable straps so you can adjust the fit of the forearms and biceps and help prevent them from moving in a wreck. I have riden with it in 90+ degree heat and down into the 30's with the snap in liner. As long as you are moving you are good in the hot weather. It is rain proof for about 30 minutes in a good downpour but it does start to come through the zippers eventually.

Joe Rocket mesh Phoenix. Try it on without the liner. If you buy it too big, the armor is useless. Mesh isn't textile and is nowhere near leather, but it's better than nothing and keeps me riding.

this is what I use and pretty much have the same thoughts. The technology on mesh has come such a long way since they started producing the stuff that any of the newer stuff is going to be a lot closer to a textile jacket than most people think.

Also, here is a good site with a lot of reviews of gear. The couple items I have that are reviewed on the site are pretty close to my experience but your results may vary. http://www.webbikeworld.com/

i have a SHift airbourne jacket.. its mesh with shoulder and elbow armor. also has a foam back protector that is easily switched out for a different better one. I also have the draggin shirt it made of 100% kevlar and seems llike it would hold up very well in a slide situation. have wore them together for added protection. adn it flows very well. also thought about getting some of the Icon armor to wear over just the draggin shirt on really hot days but havent got around to it yet..

I had a textile shift until I slid threw it in the shoulder. Ruining a jacket from 1 small wreck was enough for me to buy leather. Now I have a leather alpinestars jacket with perforated leather in the front and a gimoto leather suit. As long as I wear underarmour under both of them I don't get hot at all.