Ruger Mini 14 Questions

CoolWhip

Get your dad to make the effort to look into the AR of any series. Most likely will be much happier. If he is not looking into that much fire power have him look into the Remington Bolt action .223 line. I believe the cheaper models are the SPS versions. Still highly accurate.

Groundhogs at 2 -300 Headshots are double on the run is triple

Brian is right, thats hardly a reliable set of circumstances for both shooters, nevermind a bit easy.

I'm fine with groundhog paper targets at 300, say 5 shots for score, and to make it interesting, same target at 600 yards, 5 shots for score. $1000 bet.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=81357

Ill buy ground hog targets lololol

But really, this is a good way to try out all different types of rifles. If the dood that started the thread still hadn't decided on anything yet this is your chance to see all the different options and get your hands on them.

P.s. even tho this is a "precision" range they will allow ak's and mini14's. :lol: OH SNAP!!!!! :D

Edited by kawi kid

Funny how you have to BUILD a $2000+ ar-15 to beat a $400 AK and a P.o.s. mini 14??? penis envy much? Just saying.

It wouldn't take a $2k AR, thats just what I have and he foolishly said any AR out there. The only envy here seems to be what other peoples toy's cost...

FYI, my first AR (also built it) was a $500 parts kit and shot 3/4 MOA with shitty russian plinker ammo. I've yet to see a sub MOA AK personally, and any that I've ever heard of were right around 3/4 MOA and were high dollar as they came from a custom shop.

It wouldn't take a $2k AR, thats just what I have and he foolishly said any AR out there. The only envy here seems to be what other peoples toy's cost...

FYI, my first AR (also built it) was a $500 parts kit and shot 3/4 MOA with shitty russian plinker ammo. I've yet to see a sub MOA AK personally, and any that I've ever heard of were right around 3/4 MOA and were high dollar as they came from a custom shop.

Had to have been from Red Jacket

In december I am setting aside$ 800 for you to build me the best ar you can then. I want irons on it not a scope. Think you can help me?

Can I? Absolutely. Will I? That remains to be seen. For someone that used to call me and spend hours asking gun advice, you tend to be pretty douchey on the board when firearms stuff comes up when I chime in.

If this is for realz we cant base it off unreliable animals. We can however use groundhog sized targets. Who is in? I need some excitement in my life!
Brian is right, thats hardly a reliable set of circumstances for both shooters, nevermind a bit easy.

I'm fine with groundhog paper targets at 300, say 5 shots for score, and to make it interesting, same target at 600 yards, 5 shots for score. $1000 bet.

There is no blood and carange that way :(