J.D. Power and Associates 2011 U.S. Motorcycle Helmet Satisfaction Results

Casper

I don't agree with this survey so I'm going to look for ways to discredit it!

You sure you guys don't work for a think tank?

If they had a sruvery that said the Honda Civic was a better car than a Mercedes SLK, what would you think?

Well, more civics are sold, so they my be more popular/better, right?

yea harley helmets are rebadged.. had a hell of a time trying to find a smoked visor for my fathers.. i dont remember who the actual maker was but i had never heard of them.. same thing with my brothers Victory helmet. both are worse than my HJC by far, and they both paid over $300 for them..

Harley owner here and none of my family's FF helmets are HD. Shoei, Nolan (2), HJC. Last I heard, the HD helmets were made by HJC & AGV.

and yeah, this survey is bullshit. Of course the HD drones/pirates/hanky heads are gonna love their 1000% marked up helmet that has HD stamped on it, they don't know that there's any other options out there.

If they had a sruvery that said the Honda Civic was a better car than a Mercedes SLK, what would you think?

Well, more civics are sold, so they my be more popular/better, right?

This isn't a survey about "which helmet is better" this is a survey on customer satisfaction.

If Mercedes has horrible support/service/"after the sale" experience and Honda does not, I would fully expect Honda to score higher.

A certain relative of mine would say he was 100% satisfied with his 2010 Silverado even though it's been in the shop three times for major issues. "Satisfaction" is a "feeling" word. Not being satisfied with something that one paid big bucks for leads to feelings of regret, embarrassment, anger.... people defend what they have. He'll still make fun of my jap-car Acura with 120k and no issues. An HD helmet owner is as likely as an icon owner to admit their chosen helmet isn't satisfying.

"Satisfaction" is a "feeling" word. Not being satisfied with something that one paid big bucks for leads to feelings of regret, embarrassment, anger....

See, that's why us men think we are satisfied after sex because of all the whining and dining and damn stupid movies we're forced to endure just to get some. Take that all away and it's just another annoying, yacking, once a month bleeding specimen. And it's only after you've paid out the ass and gotten hitched, do the feelings of regret, embarrassment and anger finally shine through.

I'm just playing ladies, don't get your panties in a bunch! :D

• Upvote 1

A certain relative of mine would say he was 100% satisfied with his 2010 Silverado even though it's been in the shop three times for major issues. "Satisfaction" is a "feeling" word. Not being satisfied with something that one paid big bucks for leads to feelings of regret, embarrassment, anger.... people defend what they have. He'll still make fun of my jap-car Acura with 120k and no issues. An HD helmet owner is as likely as an icon owner to admit their chosen helmet isn't satisfying.

Which is exactly the sort of skew you'd expect from satisfaction surveys. The cheap helmets should score high because people go into it saying "Well yah, I'm satisfied ... I only paid $50!"

Noone is paying attention to that, noone is questioning Arai being ranked high, but they ARE upset their expensive helmet isn't the 2nd top ;)

I was extremely dissatisfied with my HJC, despite what I paid for it

This isn't a survey about "which helmet is better" this is a survey on customer satisfaction.

If Mercedes has horrible support/service/"after the sale" experience and Honda does not, I would fully expect Honda to score higher.

X100000000000, most of you are looking at this as a which brand is better, that's not how this survey is set up, its a customer satisfaction survey, so just because ICON is ranked higher the Shoei does not mean its a better helmet.

I've owned bell, no-name and hjc and don't like any of them as much as my icon alliance. It's a little heavy but its quiet and it vents nicely. I'm sure if it got between my head and a high speed curb or windshield I'd be even more satisfied.

I only have experience with Scorpion and Bell, both of which fit me well. I prefer the Bell. It's nearly a perfect fit and has the easiest shield changes imaginable. It also seems to flow more air.

Shoei and HJC just don't fit my head. I haven't found the right Arai for my head yet either.

• 4 months later...
No AGV's? Probably because the paint fades after a day and the interior materials self destruct.

BS on the survey's results.

Hey now! I love my AGV...It's all positive when I compare it to my Arai and even has a couple things that one up it. For example the sketchy side pods...they aren't there. No one will admit it but they cause more of a problem than a convenience for a full paint scheme. I know mine and yours did. The shields are $30 cheaper than Arai and come with tear off posts and 3 tear off's. Nice Suprise. Also, there aren't any clear vents that discolor over time and look like shit. They're painted with the helmet. I think Suomy does it too.

Anyway the negatives are still there...the orange on my Dreamtime faded the first summer. Sure I was riding a ton as I was laid off so it was in the sun anytime it was out, but it still shouldn't have faded at all. It's ok because now it's just more yellow. haha. The only interior material that self destructed was the neck roll from me taking it on and off with my sandpaper head. lol. Not good for any fabric. And it's a $12 part anyway. Fine by me. One bad thing you didn't mention is that the decals started to bubble?! WTF! AGV offered to replace it free of charge but I know it would just happen again so what's the point...I'll just keep mine.

Buy one! Preferably the Rossi Replica Ducati Test Helmet Size medium...and if you don't like it I'll buy it off ya at Half Price.

You are right. I was attacking the brand and not it's customer satisfaction.

It's too bad that AGV owners will never know where they stand.

You are right. I was attacking the brand and not it's customer satisfaction.

It's too bad that AGV owners will never know where they stand.

Oh? Where's that? I admitted it's pros and cons...you seem to be the one in denial. Bring up your half together Arai that costs the price of an HJC just to fix. Still no complaints of course because it's top Notch Arai :bow: . I also love my Arai. They both have their faults. There is no perfect helmet. If there were there wouldn't be so many damn brands out there and so many people buying them up and arguing over which is best. Right?