sub 40 hp compact tractors. Let's talk...

Moto-Brian

Ok, possibly going to need a 0-40 hp compact tractor. Not looking for the brand to buy of anything as all that will do is cause a feud.

I am looking for something someone may have a line on or can help in buying one. Essentially, any deals out there?

Looking at the Kubota 20 series, JD 20 series, older JDs and Kubotas also. May be tempted with another few names out there, but unless stupid cheap on new, I am looking used.

Anyone got a line on anything, I want the following:

-Loader on front

-4WD

-60" plus mid deck mower

possible extras:

-Rear blade

-Snow blower

Have been looking at a used Kubota 2630 to give an idea of what I am looking for...

The kubotas hold their value. The sheet metal is shit but the guts are good. You need 30hp to call it a real tractor. You want a 3 point on the back for sure. Hardy diesel or china diesel is cheap but I hear both ways on them. If its for yuppie use it would be fine.

I don't have anything for sale but I figure I would throw my two cents in here. I own a JD 2305, 28 hp diesel, 4wd with a 220 loader, a 62 inch belly mower and a host of 3 point implements (grader blade, box blade, tiller, spreader, roller). My tractor was my passion before I got back into motorcycles. It has handled everything I have thrown at it with ease. from Plowing my 800' driveway all winter (and a few of the neighbors), mowing 5.5 acres all summer, moving dirt, mulch, gravel, trees, whatever around with the loader. I have had it for 5 years now and it the only problem I have had is debris on the gas tank (my own fault). I know people say I paid extra for the green paint and all that BS but I tried all the major brands out and looked at grey market too. I bought based on fit and finish. The other brands didn't seem to have the same attention to detail that JD did. Very happy with the tractor. Like I said, just putting my two cents out there so take it for what its worth.

www.fastline.com

I bought a new Kubota 3400 january of 2010. Keep an eye out on craigslist sometimes they pop up. I went with a new one because of 0% financing. I know that massey ferguson has pretty good deals on th size you are looking at. Good luck with search. I got tired of looking at used and bought a new one for not much more.

www.fastline.com

I bought a new Kubota 3400 january of 2010. Keep an eye out on craigslist sometimes they pop up. I went with a new one because of 0% financing. I know that massey ferguson has pretty good deals on th size you are looking at. Good luck with search. I got tired of looking at used and bought a new one for not much more.

The only experience I have is with a nearly 20 year old 35hp John Deere we have here at work. Its been beat to hell and back with the abuse its taken but man is it a work horse. Other than routine maintenance, I don't think its had one major issue at all

Bryan, you live around Richland/Morrow/Ashland Counties right? Let me talk to my dad, he used to sell heavy equipment around the area and might know some places too. He is out of town all week, but I may have some info for your at Nelson Sunday.

Remind me when we are there and if I don't as of yet, I will call and ask him about smaller shops etc.

I know Ontario and Lex. both have some privately owned shops that carry used equipment too. I used to work Landscaping in summers through college and we would go there a lot. Right on W. 4th street before the railroad bridge and Grhams, then out off 309 in Ontario I believe there is a dealer.

Also Mid O gravely on 39 in Madison right off 71, BUT they have always been higher priced and I don't think ever had the selection of used stuff the other 2 did.

Oh there was one by the fairgrounds too in Richland County(Ontario) that was open that had a TON of stuff too. They opened after I was working summers though, but I stopped in there once.

Ashland County would be a great place too, just don't personally know anyone there.

Bryan, you live around Richland/Morrow/Ashland Counties right? Let me talk to my dad, he used to sell heavy equipment around the area and might know some places too. He is out of town all week, but I may have some info for your at Nelson Sunday.

Remind me when we are there and if I don't as of yet, I will call and ask him about smaller shops etc.

I know Ontario and Lex. both have some privately owned shops that carry used equipment too. I used to work Landscaping in summers through college and we would go there a lot. Right on W. 4th street before the railroad bridge and Grhams, then out off 309 in Ontario I believe there is a dealer.

Also Mid O gravely on 39 in Madison right off 71, BUT they have always been higher priced and I don't think ever had the selection of used stuff the other 2 did.

Oh there was one by the fairgrounds too in Richland County(Ontario) that was open that had a TON of stuff too. They opened after I was working summers though, but I stopped in there once.

Ashland County would be a great place too, just don't personally know anyone there.

Thanks, man!