Crew Stadium Crash - 1 Lost

jester3681

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/aug/14/motorcycle-crash-near-crew-stadium-kills-1-ar-685032/

Not much in the way of details - trying to picture this area and fiqure out what happened...

Sorry to see another one down. Thoughts and prayers to family and surviving injured.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/aug/14/motorcycle-crash-near-crew-stadium-kills-1-ar-685032/

Not much in the way of details - trying to picture this area and fiqure out what happened...

Sorry to see another one down. Thoughts and prayers to family and surviving injured.

Per witnesses, the sportbike was racing a Harley in the parking lot. The Harley rider apparently saw the pond at the last minute and lay his bike down sending it into the pond. They said the sportbike never hit the brakes and shot straight into the pond smashing his unprotected head on the rocks. Witnesses said he was going about 100 mph when he left the asphalt.

Per witnesses, the sportbike was racing a Harley in the parking lot. The Harley rider apparently saw the pond at the last minute and lay his bike down sending it into the pond. They said the sportbike never hit the brakes and shot straight into the pond smashing his unprotected head on the rocks. Witnesses said he was going about 100 mph when he left the asphalt.

"I had to lay 'er down... and you shoulda seen the other guy"

Both bikes were riding two up? And these guys were in their 40s?!? Holy moly, people. Lucky that ONLY one person died. Hate to sound harsh, but that's just bad decision making...

Edited by jester3681

"I had to lay 'er down... and you shoulda seen the other guy"

I didn't need to see the other guy, I saw all of the blood and other body parts left behind after the crime scene was opened back up. It wasn't pretty!

So much fail in that story. I have an issue with offering RIP to people who really are just on borrowed time. Why is a sportbike racing a Harley, why are they racing in a parking lot, why racing toward a curb and retention pond, and why were they out without their caretaker and football helmets and crayons? :nono:

In the 10tv comments section there are relatives trying to spin the accident as a faulty signage thing. They are claiming the riders "were riding towards what they thought was path from the parking lot towards some off-road biking, and it's easy to see how they made that mistake, but it turns out the lack of warnings resulted in a deadly accident."

So, with better information, I say sorry for the families' loss... but I will mark the man's passing with a simple re-affirmation that I owe it to my family to never be that bloody stupid.

100mph racing in a parking lot with a passenger and no safety gear? I can imagine Darwin right now... "Dude, you want a mulligan?"

were riding towards what they thought was path from the parking lot towards some off-road biking

oh ok...so they were actually TRYING to leave the parking lot at 100mph and go offroad on purpose??

in that case, i say it was a success, they definitely did go off-road

No respect for people that make choices like this. No helmet racing with a passenger just stupid, glad to hear the passenger survived

I concur.

These are the people who give responsible riders a bad reputation.

no helmet? Okay, it's your legal right to make a bad decision.

illegal parking lot race. Alright, dumb AND illegal, but I can understand the logic behind, "it's a parking lot - we're not putting anyone else in danger."

Passengers? Now you've lost me. Dumb on all counts.

Not surveying the "race course" before accelerating to 100mph on it? that would have taken what, a whole 60 seconds in a parking lot?

The cruiser's lack of power is probably what saved the rider! I'm impressed a cruiser guy knew how to use the front brake!