Want to build a new house - can anyone recommend a builder?

JBartolucci4

My wife and I were looking to by another house in the mid-Ohio area and just recently found out that building is within our price range. I am looking for home builders that have good sites so we can check out floor plans and pictures, and rough prices before we actually go sit down with someone. I have checked out Wayne homes (http://waynehomes.com/) and Schumacher homes (http://www.schumacherhomes.com/).

Anyone know of any other big name builders around?

Thanks,

John

I can suggest NOT to build with ryan I am not 100% happy with the job they did on my house when it was built. And I was out there everyday behind them checking there work. I have heard good things also about pulte homes, and schumacher, might be worth the extra money to go with a good builder. Wish I would have.

I can suggest NOT to build with ryan I am not 100% happy with the job they did on my house when it was built. And I was out there everyday behind them checking there work. I have heard good things also about pulte homes, and schumacher, might be worth the extra money to go with a good builder. Wish I would have.

x2 on Ryan being less than ideal choice. My Aunt and Uncle have a Ryan built home in Strongsville and although they don't hate it, they aren't completely satisfied

i know a guy who specializes in room additions and all kinds of general contracting work....im sure he could build you a whole house if that was your desire

very credited, contractor of the year, etc etc

http://www.collamorebuilt.com/

hes not cheap, but you get what you pay for

^ this.

when you put out better work than the competition for a better price, you dont need all the fancy stuff. hell, if your work is good enough you can even charge more than the big guys and still get the job because they know you're worth it.

now, when you get to doing a certain volume, it all just comes with it....if youre running 30 crews and the business is making 100 million a year, then of course you have a website because you can afford to hire someone to do it

doesnt mean you put out better quality work just because youre a huge company....a lot of people dont know the difference between good work and mediocre....we see stuff all the time that people say the last guy did a great job and it just looks like crap to us because we know how its supposed to look....its even in the details, what kind of edging, what pattern finish, is there any marks where it wasnt floated enough before it got broomed, did it set up too quick and they couldnt even get a broom in it, is it jointed or saw cut....etc....

not to say all big companies do mediocre work...but when you get to the point of having that many people working for you, the quality of work usually will fall some....you go from a perfectionist worker to a guy making $15/hr with no benefits

ive seen some amazing things done by little no-name companies and people, and ive seen some horrible things from huge companies (and vice-versa, obviously)