good deal or good scam??

2talltim

didnt know if i should put this here or in the bike shop forum..but im not really not wanting to advertise this for the seller i just came aross it, and wanted to know if anyone thought this was too good to be true?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2548658247.html

MOTORCYCLE FOR SALE-Suzuki Boulevard - $2000 (canal winchester)

Date: 2011-08-15, 6:26PM EDT

Reply to: sale-gzqex-2548658247@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am selling a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard M50 (BLACK). It's in great condition. Still runs like the day I bought it. My wife and I are selling it because we are about to have a baby. It runs great, it has a few scratches here and there, but nothing serious. We are asking $2,500 OBO (we will not go lower than $2,000-sorry). SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE!!!

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3nc3k03m25T35W65R5b8f33240ca857d417b9.jpg3m53o03l85T55Z05S3b8f031c54823e871402.jpg3k93of3l55O55T55S1b8f46ed44623cd21f6e.jpg

PostingID: 2548658247

$2000 now should bring $2500-$3000 next spring. Do it!

Im off work Thurs and friday if its still around I might go look at it....but I bet it sells today at that price...unless it has a salvage title or something

The lack of phone number in the ad bothers me, but it doesn't have most of the tell-tale signs of CL scam ads I've seen before. Could be legit.

I never put my # in a craigslist ad, if someones serious about it they can email me then I will give them my number

Seems legit to me but why are all the deals popping up when my 2nd bike money is tied up in another investment :mad:

I sold my 04 earlier this year for 2500. I got an offer of 3k just after it sold.

2000 is low for an 05 which is the year they switched to injected versus carb. It is not just a year of age. I would expect that bike (naked as it is, no farkles) to fetch 3000-3500.

Make sure you inspect in person and verify the title. I suspect the price is just a little too good and the seller will ask for a wired deposit...

doesnt seem too far off if the people are desperate....might have been having a shitty night when he posted it or something, never know...the news of a baby can make people do strange things

they only sold for like 6k brand new that year, so they werent really expensive to start with

my aunt has one and rides the hell out of it, she loves it...nice bikes (she lives in AZ though, so gets to ride all year)

and i only put my phone number in an ad once....never again....i got someone calling me trying to get me to ship my car to jamaica, and one kid kept calling me offering me garage sale items for a $7500 car (old game systems, chairs, whatever)

I've never had a scammer call me, but the e-mails drive me nuts! I've got a truck on CL right now that I finally decided to hide my e-mail in the ad. I just feel that if they're interested enough to call, I've at least got an opportunity for a sale.

I listed a car for sale on CL once... My 2000 saturn. I had a scammer contact me and send me a fake cashier's check for the money... I still have it.

The check, not the car ;)

I wrote them back and told them I never received it, please send another ;)

It was postmarked from some central american country :p

got a reply ....

21,000 miles, clean title, tires are only a year old, the bike has easy-to-fix cosmetic stuff. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Joe

and the name on the email from line is....

Kaoru Kumashiro

I had craigslist pull my add because it had a phone number in it. They also blocked my account. Gonna try to sell my seca on here once I have my 30 day chip.

"Having a phone number in it" could not be the reason. Must be something else like it failed phone verification or something.

• 2 weeks later...

OK the plot thickens..here is a email i just recieved.......

Because I have so many offers, it's going to be a 1-time only meet (for everyone to see the bike). Everyone interested will need to meet Sunday (8-28-11) at 3 o'clock at this address:

278 N. Sarwil Dr.

Canal Winchester, OH

The sale will happen on this day so be sure to bring your money with you if you are interested. I am asking $2,500.

Sincerely,

Joe

he sent this to 17 email addresses...im thinking about showing up just to watch him get his ass kicked...LOL...what a douch bag