Oh shit... Spies riding GP at Indy

flounder

Guest MotoGP Tix

Maybe Im being to picky but thwne an article is only this long, cut and paste works alot better than links :

Two-time AMA Superbike Champion Ben Spies says he will race a factory Suzuki GSV-R800 in the two American rounds of the 2008 MotoGP World Championship.

“We pretty much know we’re gonna be doing Indy and Laguna,†Spies told Roadracingworld.com February 6, referring to the MotoGP rounds at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in September and at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in July. “It looks like we get to test it [GSV-R800] once for sure before then and hopefully twice. It should all be good, but definitely both American rounds, from what I understand. But it’s obviously not in the contract, so it’s not 100%. But that’s what they say, and I’ll be ready to do it.â€

Spies, whose current contract with American Suzuki expires at the end of 2008, said he has not yet made any deals for 2009.

He will get dominated. Out of his league. If he did a season in GP I think he may get use to it and become someone in the GP circuit.

Off topic: I look for James Toseland to do well in GP for his first year and finish the season in the top 10.

I wouldn't be too sure. He has a lot more accomplished and is at a higher level in terms of what Nicky and Hopper did before they went. Ben has grown a great deal and his ability to set-up and adapt is VERY good.

I'd look at Laguna as a tough place for him as they all have been there enough times, but Indy? He'll be on a pretty level playing field and may shock some folks...

Afterall, look at what Rog did at Laguna on a bike he had minimal seat time on. I think Ben will do even better...

Maybe Im being to picky but thwne an article is only this long, cut and paste works alot better than links :

RRW Editor/Owner, John Ulrich, is VERY aggressive when it comes to pursuing copyright infringement.

I tend to agree with him. Running a website and publishing a magazine is expensive. I'd hate to have someone stealing my shit regardless of how much it cost.

Just my two cents....

Oh yeah...Spies deserves a chance in GP. He's certainly got the potential to do well.

Yeah I understand but I figured that this comment which was the very first thing in the article would have muted you being picky.

"Copyright 2008 Roadracing World Publishing, Inc. (This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send them a link or post a link to this page.)"

Sorry, but I don't think the guy can do anything no matter his disclaimer. The original link is included in the OP and only a portion of the article was copied for comment. This is covered as fair use under section 107 of Copyright Law.

Ok, I'll make it quick... Fair use is when used for citing references for something such as a term paper, etc. For internet use, RRW's disclaimer will hold in court and I can guarantee that JU will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Trust me, I know John and I had a similar issue I was part of and trying to explain to someone who did the same thing as this guy and he (JU) is 100% in the right.

You will get smacked down if you cut and paste and even do ANY quoting for a public forum. Many websites get fines or suits slapped on them for such things...

Call it what you want, but RRW's disclaimer is something that is used and posted on about any website that contains original works...

Ok, back on topic. Spies will do well in MotoGP this year in his one off rides...

Ok, I'll make it quick... Fair use is when used for citing references for something such as a term paper, etc. For internet use, RRW's disclaimer will hold in court and I can guarantee that JU will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Trust me, I know John and I had a similar issue I was part of and trying to explain to someone who did the same thing as this guy and he (JU) is 100% in the right.

You will get smacked down if you cut and paste and even do ANY quoting for a public forum. Many websites get fines or suits slapped on them for such things...

Call it what you want, but RRW's disclaimer is something that is used and posted on about any website that contains original works...

Ok, back on topic. Spies will do well in MotoGP this year in his one off rides...

We see this sort of thing come up daily in the photography community. We'll have to agree to disagree. If you want to have a friendly debate about it shoot me a PM. It could be a fun discussion. /threadjack

I think Spies will do pretty well too considering he may only be running twice.

If Vermuelen and Capirrossi can get the bike working good, I wouldn't be surprised to see Spies up at least with those two and maybe in the top 10 at either race.

He goes really good at Laguna and the Indy round will be all up to him to learn the track with the others.

I think he will do well overall. It is not the first time he has been on the bike and also in reference at laguna I would say he has equal amount of experience at that track as the rest. I don't think the layout will give him a problem as he already knows that, it will just be a matter of getting settled with the different bike setup.

I think he will do well overall. It is not the first time he has been on the bike and also in reference at laguna I would say he has equal amount of experience at that track as the rest. I don't think the layout will give him a problem as he already knows that, it will just be a matter of getting settled with the different bike setup.

Yes, he has as much track experience and it will surely help, however a MotoGP bike is WAY different than a superbike. If you read any interviews with Roger, he stated the differences were more mental than anything with the traction control they run on a MotoGP bike vs. a superbike...

Learning curve or not, I suspect Spies will do VERY well...

spies will kick ass. he's gonna do some more testing on the bike this year as well. Def. look at what rog did last year, and we all know that ben is MUCH faster than rog. he will be on the 'stones i believe, if that's what suzuki is running this year, his dunlop stuff is just for the AMA. I'd say he'll easily be in he top ten, no problem.