I'm Now A Bear Killer

LoneRanger

Let me tell you a tale. I was on Skyline Drive on the bike coming out of Front Royal on Saturday morning. I was minding my own business when this black blur came out of the weeds right in front of me. After I picked my self up off the ground it came to me...I just hit a bear and I'm still alive! The bear was a fatality.

I got the bike up right with the help of a couple of bicyclists who came on scene. Hit the starter and she fired up. I finished my ride to Peaks of Otter Saturday night and back home this morning.

Bike is scuffed and needs some repair. I highly recommend BygDawg rear tip over bars. No damage was done to the panniers. Minor damage to front plastics. Broken right mirror and housing. I'm going to have the shop give the front end a through going over.

Me... I'm scuffed with some wrapping on an elbow and knee. I also have a minor separation of the right shoulder. I figure I got off easy considering. Moral of the story always wear full gear when motorcycling and look both ways before you cross the street.

Time for my pain meds