2001 Mercury Cougar 21k miles, heavily modified

madcat6183

Okay, I know I will get flamed to no end here, but oh well. Really want to sell this for more bike stuff, mainly a toyhauler, and just to have some cash around for once.

PRICE $6500, I know NADA is about $5,000 for the car but I know I have well over $10,000 in mods alone. I am sure people will want to flame me for my price, but that's okay.

21,000 miles, maybe it was 20,000, it just rolled it when I drove in 3 weeks ago so I am not sure, but it is right around there. Matching car cover, and all OEM parts I have left are included. I can even get the OEM seats back from a friend in Cleveland if you want them. Car is dark shadow grey, 5speed, all options including power sunroof, PW, PL, keyless entry, etc.

Performance; SVT Upper Intake Manifold, SVT Lower Intake Manifold, SVT Throttle Body, Custom Cold Air Intake, ZEX Wet Kit with 3 nozzles 2 bottles full of Nitrous bottle warmer and custom purge setup out grill, Stainless Steel Weapon R Headers(1st set ever made), Full Yo-Dude Exhaust with gutted cat., Custom Short Throw Shifter. I only run premium fuel since about 15,000 miles as well. Oil is Motocraft and changed regularly.

Suspension; Roush Lowering Springs, 18' ZEO black wheels with high performance tires(I forget the brand, but they are Z rated and were expensive) only have about 1500 miles on them total, OMP Front Strut Brace, Custom Rear Strut Brace.

Cosmetic; Drift Front Bumper, Custom Grill, Custom X-1 Fenders(first set ever made with custom turn signals in vents), REAL Carbon Fiber VIS Invader hood with locking hood pins, full Wings West Body Kit, White Street Glow Neons(exterior), Purple Lite Glow Neons(interior and trunk), 20% Tint all the way around, Corbeau A4 Racing seats with 4 point harnesses, Black shorty antenna, Isotta door sill covers.

Electroncis; JVC MP3 Head Unit with Line in for IPod or laptop, JL10W3V2 in custom sealed box, Pacific 600W amp running bridged, Boston Acoustic components in front doors, full sound deadening from doors back, Keyless Entry with 2 FOBS, car is wired for another amp for components and rear speakers just never got one installed.

Title is clean and clear, Ohio. I am entertaining offers if they are realistic, NOT OBO. Again price is $6500

Please call or text 419-610-5666 or email/PM me madram02@hotmail.com. Please no spam, I simply don't have time.

I have way more pics at home, but this link has a few. I tried to repost it in Craigs but can't find it right now.

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/fs-vehicles/150849-2001-cougar-mtx-modded-show-go-8-000-21-000-miles-max.html

Edited by madcat6183
PRice

Okay, I found 2 toy haulers I am interested in, if anyone is interested in this please let me know and I will do everything I can to work with you. I really want to get this gone asap. I am going to have it at the Mansfield Car Show this weekend too(well my parents will), with a for sale sign too.

More pics etc;

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/cto/2560861781.html

Edited by madcat6183
Added link

Haha, minus the part, stupid and slow ;) It has beaten some WRX's and a few G35's and Z350's with similar modifications, along with plenty of mustangs and camaro's, NOT GTs or Z38's modded though..

BUT the stupid amounts of money part is way true, and epic suck. Looking back would have loved to have invested all that lol.

Haha, minus the part, stupid and slow ;) It has beaten some WRX's and a few G35's and Z350's with similar modifications, along with plenty of mustangs and camaro's, NOT GTs or Z38's modded though..

BUT the stupid amounts of money part is way true, and epic suck. Looking back would have loved to have invested all that lol.

There are a lot of worse things you could have dumped that money on. Seiously though that is a nice ride, I used to be into custom cars before I got into bikes so I know the amount of time and $$$ that goes into something like that.

Shitty, come on bro, you can drive it until then. I mean wouldnt you look better in that than your nasty BMW?

Yeah, it's hard to even put up for sale because that was our HS and College nights, get off work, get a case of beer, sit in my parents garage and just turn nasty wrenches on that thing.

If I don't sell it oh well, just puts my toy hauler on hold for a few more months and means I gotta sell my TT and enclosed sooner than planned. Already have a buyer for the enclosed, just pending his move and relocation package ;)

Just a thought:

Try using photobucket or something similar to host your pics and post the code in CL you can have as many pics as you like and they look a lot better than the 4 slots they give you.

my $0.02

Looks great best cougar I've ever seen GLWS

Shitty, come on bro, you can drive it until then. I mean wouldnt you look better in that than your nasty BMW?

Hollllld up. BMW? Come on, don't insult the man like that. Her name is Mercedes, playa.

It has beaten some WRX's and a few G35's and Z350's with similar modifications, along with plenty of mustangs and camaro's, NOT GTs or Z38's modded though..

Has it beaten any cars that have real engines? Bigger than NA V6s.

What about any CBR1100XX Blackbirds?

:D

man if I had a teenage daughter I would be all over this. :(

if you had a teenage daughter, I would... ah, fuck, it's just too easy...

Curious what kind of power this puts to the wheels with the nitrous kit. 2.5 V6, yes?

seemed to me like the Cougar was practically a 3rd gen Probe GT. Similar chassis dimensions, same engine configuration and displacement, but not the same chassis or engine...

I'm not a fan of neons or crazy body kits, but the rest of it looks pretty okay ;-)

but on to the important stuff:

WHICH TOY HAULERS ARE YOU LOOKING AT?

Like many things that are not in my budget, I love to shop toy haulers to see how much I need to hide from my wife after law school :D

Edited by redkow97