1001 mile ride

ohiomike

Rode on up to Traverse City and back this weekend. Caught 31 N out of Marysville on up to US 30 W over to I-69 N at Fort Wayne. Stopped off in Battle Creek then took M-66 N to M-57 W. Caught M-37 on up. Had to stop in Newaygo at the sandwich shop downtown, then cruised on up through White Cloud, Baldwin, by Wolf Lake......man have those place changed.......stopped at the dealership in TC. Headed back early Sunday morning leaving in a cold (55*)rain. Ran out of the rain around Clare on US 127 S and saw all sorts of wildlife....right on the edge of the highway....and had to slam on the brakes when one of the buck whitetails decided the grass was greener on the other side. He scatted on across when he heard my exhaust backfiring....lol. Took 127 on down into Ohio stopping in Cement City (old Cement City Harley) at Town and Country Harley. Whilst riding through Lansing Mi the clouds decided to take a leak and it began raining (and nowhere to pull over!) so by the time there was a pullover spot it stopped so when I scanned the skies and saw more trouble on the horizon I found myself runnin at about 85 to get past the wickedness in the clouds. It worked and the rest of my ride was rain free. Ran on through Napolean, Ottawa, Miller City Left TC at about 9am and got home in Circleville at 6 pm. Great ride, love to go back to the ol home state as often as I can.

Traverse City and the adjoining portion of the northern half of Michigan is just plain 'God's Country' imho. Everyone should take a ride up there.

Ended up 1001 miles round trip and worth every raindrop......

LOL, I did narrowly miss a big rain at home when I got back. The roads were still sockaed with puddles everywhere. Guess It had rained substantially but quit suddenly.... and my girl had a hot meal ready to plate when I walked in. Whatta babe....