An SV question..

hollywood3586

Buy one made for an SV. back-pressure matters. If you get a pipe made for an I-4 bike, it's not going to be the same as one made for a V-twin with cylinders that are over twice as large.

that's assuming the header lead-pipes are even the same size.

For the pipe to fit correctly and without custom modification, you'll need to buy a pipe meant for your bike.

Being that you have an '03, you're going to have to find a pipe for ONLY that year. 99-02 and 04+ are both different than your '03.

What's wrong with the Delkavic?

Matt was coming out if the garage earlier this summer and he tripped with a gas can in his hand. His story was either he fell on his face or throw the gas can to break his fall. He threw it and it just so happened it landed on my 1 year old pipe and dented it. The fucking can was empty too. :( just my luck. It can't be popped out either. We tried. I need a new one.

If I went that far I might as well cut it shorter. It's oval anyway not round. It would look dumb if it was sideways.
Maybe if you only turned it 90* rather than the suggested 180. The only possible difference would be that any logos etc. would then be hidden. And if it's only the can that needs replaced, as long as the mounting clamp can be repositioned if necessary, any muffler that is of similar inlet diameter will work. I've been running a Yoshimura RS-3 can on my D&D header for years.

I have a Yosh TRC of a 06 GSXR 600 on my 1000 mounted up to my M4 headers/ midpipe. The M4 reduces down to 2 inch pipe at the end, but has 2 1/4 piping the rest of the way. So I cut the reducer off the end of the midpipe & slid on the TRC. Runs fine and has for about 20,000 miles. The 650 has a Yosh TRS slip on and I've pulled the can off and tossed the TRC can on it for the hell of it & it runs exactly the same.

could you drill out the rivets on the endcap, turn the pipe 180 degrees to hide the dent, and reinstall the cap?

This would work as well, or cut it like stated above. I cut my Yosh pipe down to less than half the original length when I wrecked my bike the first time. You'll just need to drill rivets in it and put the end cap back on like stated above. Lots of options here with a dented pipe.

Chop and rebuild actually sounds pretty good from my experience, Delkevik also sounds pretty good imo, with patience the Svr board or Wera you'll get a "higher end" can at a reduced cost vs. ebay or Cl.

Chop and rebuild actually sounds pretty good from my experience, Delkevik also sounds pretty good imo, with patience the Svr board or Wera you'll get a "higher end" can at a reduced cost vs. ebay or Cl.

That's kinda of what I was thinking, I'm going to have matt and Tony do it for me. That's all they are good for anyway. :D its already a short can but if I cut it it would only take off like 3 inches from where the dent is. I'm worried about the sound really. Is it going to make I sound obnoxious?

That's kinda of what I was thinking, I'm going to have matt and Tony do it for me. That's all they are good for anyway. :D its already a short can but if I cut it it would only take off like 3 inches from where the dent is. I'm worried about the sound really. Is it going to make I sound obnoxious?

What can do you have? If cutting it will take it down under 12" then it very well maybe obnoxious. It all depends. Do you wear ear plugs. If not might want to in the future.