Dream Big group ride: can it be real? State Wide?

NinjaDoc

Alright then the north west meet up spot is the BP station on rt. 82 right by 77s. It is across the street from stonewall shooting range. Meet up time is 9 am rolling out by 9:15. So far looks like 4 of us from up north west. Sniper you gonna make this ride??

I may meet up with you guys here. Not much out of my way.

Don't wait for me if I'm not there by 9:15.

Craig

groups of 10 seem kinda big. I think if we get this many riders we should create a group d and maybe even e.. we'll figure groups out when the day comes. And these groups need to be divided by intended pace.

Edited by MIKE53ALI

looks like its just over 2 hrs from the polaris area. Im thinking 730 meet at Quaker steak, theres gas and food if needed, and is 71 the best way (well fastest) was up to Bolivar? If anyone from central or west wants to meet and cruise up together ill be there and rolling out 8 at the extreme latest. Who's comin with me

I'll echo the others and say that a slow/med/fast group should be the target, with people being able to move up/down at gas stops similar to a trackday - expecting everyone to have the same pace is a recipe for frustration/disaster. I have no problems leading the slower group.

Also, if we can at least get an idea of the groups beforehand it would probably help. Just having everyone show up and figure out all the details will likely result in confusion and delays.

I would also make sure some links to basic group riding etiquette guides and hand signals are posted so that everyone can read up and understand.

I'll echo the others and say that a slow/med/fast group should be the target, with people being able to move up/down at gas stops similar to a trackday - expecting everyone to have the same pace is a recipe for frustration/disaster. I have no problems leading the slower group.

Also, if we can at least get an idea of the groups beforehand it would probably help. Just having everyone show up and figure out all the details will likely result in confusion and delays.

I would also make sure some links to basic group riding etiquette guides and hand signals are posted so that everyone can read up and understand.

many riders seem to be having the same opinion, I also didnt want to delegate people to this group kinda thing, thats why had a survey to se what people liked, but in the survey almost all of them said medium pace, So that was impossible to divide. Then the only option was to randomly assign like i did now, or else like hail said, there will be lot of confusion on that day when we start to divide up.

May be we shud just let every one decide which group they wanna ride again?

And mike, I put 10 each in each group just in case couple doesnt show up we have 8 each.

If I bring the Hayabusa, I'll be taking it easy. I have some "kinks" I want to get worked out on that bike. I don't push that one in the turns like the SV... so I can help out wherever I'm needed since I've already accepted I'll be slowing it down.

Again, IF I'm available.

looks like its just over 2 hrs from the polaris area. Im thinking 730 meet at Quaker steak, theres gas and food if needed, and is 71 the best way (well fastest) was up to Bolivar? If anyone from central or west wants to meet and cruise up together ill be there and rolling out 8 at the extreme latest. Who's comin with me

Ill ride up with you and 71 does look the best unless you want to hit some twisties on the way up then we can head through Coshocton to 77. I will prolly slab back the second time we hit 70...If I do the full route it will end up being a 12 hour day.

:lol:

seriously, just let the riders choose there group and then balancing out the rest,

I was thinking may be let them ride with the riders they been riding with before and feel comfortable with, for example most of them with will be coming in as a group from a peripheral meet up, may be allow that same groups plus some others to mingle and then ride down?

just announce the lead and sweep for each group?

for example, Tpoppa and Inyaaz will be leads for the fast groups, and Hailwood volunteered to lead the med to slow group. Keep it like that and then ask the others to join up respectively, then move up or down group as needed?

UP was recommending getting very experienced riders to play sweeper, like those who would be able to catch up with the lead from all the way back if needed for emergency. any more takers?

All I can really say is the uber-fast group is not for me. I haven't even been on my bike in damn near a month. How ever the groups do work out, I would prefer to be in the back and I'll have route mapped on my gps just in case someone or myself gets separated.

Still waiting on weather and tire to say for sure I'm going to make it.

I say.... we'll have one maybe two smaller groups that want/can zip around all they want. the rest of us (and it sounds this way) want a fun safe sane group ride. with this many planned riders, safety HAS to take priority. test some of your limits within the group if you want, but if ur plan is to hit the river and back in 3 or 4 hours, then make sure you're group assembles and get a head start. I'll echo the riding etiquette thing too. sounds like there may be a wide range of expierence levels coming. the fast experts can go do their thing. while a couple experts hang back to lead/sweep the the other groups. no passing the leaders and no falling behind the sweepers. phone numbers will be exchange. bring maps and road atlases and doc... have some decent copies of a solid route and itinerary floating around for the leaders/sweeps/ and whoever else wants them. or at least post them in a printable version. I'm lookin forward to lunch on the river.

newbs are welcome, but honestly if you are a newb. please let us know so we can look out for you, maybe divide the newbs up (dunno if a separate group of newbs is a good idea)

ride checklist.... must have all the following... otherwise, stay home

1.endorsement

2.machine in working order

3.helmet + gear

4. flexible goals for this ride

no squids and no ego maniacs please