Dream Big group ride: can it be real? State Wide?

NinjaDoc

WAtch the event video here: http://www.youtube.com/user/docography

Route: http://g.co/maps/wkr9s

Near five hours of Twisty roads , included most of the famous routes, if not good enuf, always welcome any suggestion , tweaking are always welcome. Wanna include some other routes, want to shorten, make it longer, just say it and it can be done.

Date: SUN 25 SEP 2011 Plus weather say sunny and 80 degree just perfect.

Time of meet 10:30 Am kick stand, Try to make it there by 9:45 at least so we have some time to organize groups and stuff. Late kick stand so the lazy souls can wake up and make it

Break: Short break at powhattan point, those who want to grab a quick bite can do so, others can wait impatiently for the group for at least 15 mins. I know some of the riders dont like breaks, plz do consider this. In addition there will be small gas break in between for thirsty bikes

Place: Bolivar DQ as shown in map. Some what ideal place for extreme Neo as well as some southy can make it.

449 Park Ave SE

Bolivar‎ Ohio‎ 44612

United States

Peripheral meet up places to ride to bolivar:

North west: BP station in 82 right by 77 @ 9:00 am

Central/West: QSL in polaris area. @ 7:30 am

The Dream: Most of you have ridden in big groups before, Me including plenty others have never been in one, heck i havent seen one in person. I dont know how long i might be able to ride, before i take my boots for ever i want to be part of one. And I want to capture every moment of this in a camera so i can show my next generation "been there done that" Expecting and praying for at least 20+ riders to show up.

The trouble & solution: as most big group rides suffer, random people get excited, start popping wheeling, not following formation etc etc. The solution, including only riders we been riding with, riders we know from in here. And dividing the big group into 3 or 4 small factions with separate lead and sweep.

THE NAMES BELOW ARE JUST FROM MY KNOWLEDGE OF RIDERS HERE FROM NEO REGION, IF I LEFT SOME ONE OUT ITS COMPLETELY UN INTENTIONAL. PLZ JOIN UP THE RIDE AND I WILL KEEP UPDATING THE LIST, THE BOLD NAMES ARE AS OF NOW POSSIBLE "YES" TO THE RIDE.

CONSIDER THIS AS A PERSONAL INVITE TO ANY ONE WHOSE NAME IS NOT ON THE LIST. PLZ RESPOND TO THE POST OR PM ME SO WE CAN ADD YOUR NAME OR YOUR FRIENDS NAME.

1. Inyazz (lead),

2. Jrmiii,

3. lost1888,

4. redkow97,

5. doomking,

6. connerot ninja,

7. fiji brother,

8. Issac pappa

9. osumj

10. twisted12(sweep)

11. Tpoppa (lead)

12. Mykill

13. speedytriple

14. Green versys

15. Danballa

16. pfloydgad

17. Ac2b

18. Gearman

19. Casper (sweep)

20. Sniper_308(sweep)

21. Hailwood (lead)

22. Armith

23. Siacono

24. J_copeland

25. hollywood

26. CBBaron

27. Lotgod

28. 216cityboy

29. Ninjadoc (sweep)

30. Mike53 (sweep)

31. Vulcanrider

32. Hutch

33. Omgshesaboy

34. Ringo

35. Fizzer

36. Jbctown

37. Bad324

REQUEST: pretty simple, at least helmet, jacket. preferably atgatt. Brisk pace, ride your own ride. Each small group micro manage and watch out for their own group. The big group will assemble at start, in between breaks and at end. On the list i posted i am sure every one trust the others wont act like jackass and ride over sidewalks etc.

Thx for reading through this huge wall of text.

black.jpg

Summmary: as of 9/12/11

Total possible riders till now : 22

T shirt orders

1. Hollywood - L

2. Mike53 - XXL

3. Casper- L

4. Speedtriple - XXL

5. Ninjadoc -M

6. Ninjadoc- S

7. Sniper_308- XL

8.Sniper_308- XXL

9. Aetsh - XL

10. Bad324 - XL

11. Siacono - M

12. Ohiomike- S

13. LotGod - XXL

14. Ac2b- L

15. Con-e-rot Ninja - XL

16. Tpoppa- XL

17. Ohiomike -XL

18. Pfloydgad XXL

19. Busarider36 XXL

20. Fiji-9-brother XXL

21. Wideopen36 - XL

22. Siacono L

23. Sciacono M

24: Issac Pappa: S

NO MORE T SHIRTS AVAILABLE

UPdate: 9/23: smoooth... t shirts are here, Looks nice :D, i was skeptical considering the design was bit complex for a shirt print, but looks good. Fit is true to size,

had to pay extra for rush work and expedited delivery, hence the cost for shirt is 12.5$ each. If we had 49 ordered and ordered earlier in time the cost would have been much lower, may be next time we can be more planned

We have 7XXL (all taken) 6XL (all taken) 4L(all taken) 4M 3S there was one XL requested by somebody in end after i ordered the numbers, hence i am short on that :(

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I'll take the rim off tonight, drop it off at Shade Tree tomorrow and have fresh rubber Saturday, scrub it in some next week and be ready for the weekend.

Or not, since I haven't been motivated to do much of anything these days.

Damn always gotta start 2hrs away for me

Nothing like waking up at the butt crack of dawn and hopping on the slab.

The idea makes me want to puke. But then again what other options do we have. 44 south for 2 hours= just as boring as the slab.

or-ride.png

Route: Near five hours of Twisty roads http://g.co/maps/wkr9s included most of the famous routes, if not good enuf, always welcome any suggestion , tweaking are always welcome. Wanna include some other routes, want to shorten, make it longer, just say it and it can be done.

Date: Sat Sep 17 or Sat Sep 24, Sun spent with family and rest up. as far as i checked not many major events going on. Plus weather say sunny and 72 degree just perfect.

Time of meet 10:30 Am so lazy souls can wake up and make it

Break: Short break at powhattan point, those who want to grab a quick bite can do so, others can wait impatiently for the group for at least 15 mins. I know some of the riders dont like breaks, plz do consider this. In addition there will be small gas break in between for thirsty bikes

Place: Bolivar DQ as shown in map. Some what ideal place for extreme Neo as well as some southy can make it.

The Dream: Most of you have ridden in big groups before, Me including plenty others have never been in one, heck i havent seen one in person. I dont know how long i might be able to ride, before i take my boots for ever i want to be part of one. And I want to capture every moment of this in a camera so i can show my next generation "been there done that" Expecting and praying for at least 20+ riders to show up.

The trouble & solution: as most big group rides suffer, random people get excited, start popping wheeling, not following formation etc etc. The solution, including only riders we been riding with, riders we know from in here. And dividing the big group into 3 or 4 small factions with separate lead and sweep.

The Groups: an imaginary list made from the names i seen here. The riders i felt always acted and talked sensible here. And only made list from NEO wing. Now dont go ahead and say i am not gonna make it etc etc. Just let it be here so many riders get inspired to join up. Basically divided based on regions and previous group rides i seen post here.

• Group A: Inyazz, hailwood, Jrmiii, magley, tpoppa, twisted12, speedytriple, gump, lost1888, uncle punk
  • Group B: Issac pappa, likiwid, bad324, markb, mykill, crazy skullcrusher, conne rot ninja, speedtriple444,
  • Group c: armith, mike53, siacono, aetsh, josh, gearman, hollywood, lotgod, ninjadoc,
  • Group D: hopefully riders from other region like seo swo etc,

Rules: pretty simple, at least helmet, jacket. preferably atgatt. Brisk pace, ride your own ride. Each small group micro manage and watch out for their own group. The big group will assemble at start, in between breaks and at end. On the list i posted i am sure every one trust the others wont act like jackass and ride over sidewalks etc.

Now before each of you loose heart and say impossible, just relish in this dream and do at least your own part and say I will come to make this happen, and me plus every one else in the group will be eternally thankful to you :bow: Hopefully some of you will be armed with go pros for lots of clips.

Thx for reading through this huge wall of text.

Where The F*ck is my name asshat?!

:(

No brother, i intentionally left you out since you were injured.

and there are many good riders i dont know personally or through forum, if some one else suggest or let them know that would be great.

Awh, thanks man, I feel better now! Maybe hollywood will let me ride bitch! :D

If you decide to do this on the 18th I would like to meet up with the group somewhere. Sounds like it is going to be a great time.

JcM, the date is still up in the air, based on majority of people convenience, Possible dates as of now is 18, 24, 25 of this month. 24 seems to be a favorite now. If some one could make a poll or some thing that would have been awesome.

Edited by NinjaDoc

I'm a maybe/possible for both dates... The 17th is my 9-month anniversary with the GF (Hey, Honey, if we'd had sex on our first date, you'd be due now!) and the 24th is a Northcoast 99ers group ride. (NC 99ers is a Meetup.com motorcycle group... I've heard good things but have yet to go on a ride w/ them).

As of right now, both days are a possible "yes" for me.