Dream Big group ride: can it be real? State Wide?

NinjaDoc

Yeah, the forecast isn't looking too great, although it's still only ~30% chance, so it could easily change. Is there a backup plan/date in case of rain?

My plan for the slower group is to focus on keeping everyone together as much as possible, so that road conditions and other hand signal info can be communicated to everyone effectively.

The pace will be 'fun, but no real need to hang off the bike'. I rode OH-555 at this pace with my Dad over the weekend and still had an absolute blast. It's a good time to practice being smooth with inputs, especially proper throttle through a corner. Anyone who wants to go quicker should be able to get with one of the other groups pretty easily.

The real question is, do I rock the hard bags and top case?

You guys need to chill with posting up rules and regulations before the list of riders dwindles to 0. Save the safety lecture for the pre-ride meeting.

yea...I mean I understand the concern to cover such details on something this large but I think we all got it the first time. Not to mention my guess is that most people who will show up already know it and have some group ride experience

You guys need to chill with posting up rules and regulations before the list of riders dwindles to 0. Save the safety lecture for the pre-ride meeting.

true, i am a rider with no experience, thats why i always asked every one for input and just organized the collective thoughts and decision on opening post, and i am really looking forward to some seniors to take charge during the day of the ride ..senior riders who every one respected and wouldnt mind getting the advice from etc.

i rode with hail a few miles, smooth operator, i think he will be a good lead for the med to slow group. If some one wants little more sportier they can join the fast group at next gas station i guess.

Edited by NinjaDoc

Thats why i never put forward any rules and regulation coz most of the group is from here itself and all of them know what to do. Heck i even changed the wording rules to request since some one pointed it out.

Just trying to suit the ride to majority consensus, thats why put up the survey and all even tho it was a ridiculous scout girl move. We are almost set on most things, date, time, people, route, leads, etc etc and just need to figure out comfortable group division and voila we are ready to roll. only question is do we divide now to make it easier or let it happen on the day of ride?

Thats why i never put forward any rules and regulation coz most of the group is from here itself and all of them know what to do. Heck i even changed the wording rules to request since some one pointed it out.

Just trying to suit the ride to majority consensus, thats why put up the survey and all even tho it was a ridiculous scout girl move. We are almost set on most things, date, time, people, route, leads, etc etc and just need to figure out comfortable group division and voila we are ready to roll. only question is do we divide now to make it easier or let it happen on the day of ride?

i'd go day of. Make sure you got a leader for each section and then figure out who shows up and who wants to go what speed. Like you said before, can always jump up or down a group at next gas stop

Like myself for example, if there is a 3 group division I'd start in the middle group and figure it out from there if I can attemp to keep up with the rear of the fast group

i'd go day of. Make sure you got a leader for each section and then figure out who shows up and who wants to go what speed. Like you said before, can always jump up or down a group at next gas stop

Like myself for example, if there is a 3 group division I'd start in the middle group and figure it out from there if I can attemp to keep up with the rear of the fast group

I think that will work out best, let them jump in to the group they want on the day of the ride, just that every one has to arrive at least 30 mins prior to ride so we dont run late,

Now the question is when will we ride together :p once again try to make it bad,

And lastly but not the least, hope no freaking rain ruins every thing, I guess like hail said We will have to make secondary plans later if this gets screwed some how. For now lets hope for the best. Finding a day was the hardest decision so far.

Now the question is when will we ride together :p once again try to make it bad

yea I'm currently 50/50 on making it. The more I've thought about it the more I've contemplated skipping my plans to do one last hurrah this season. But the weather will end up being the #1 factor into my decision

Bam Bam you need to make this ride. It might be the last ride I am on with the triple. As it will be going up for sale at the end of the season.

This could be historic - Kermit's swan song, and if Pauly promises to stay away it will be even better. Cannot take another minute of being humbled by them bloody O'Leans.