Wheeler's MC Repair Robbinsville, NC (Deals Gap)

2talltim

Ok for the ones that didnt hear while down in NC this weekend we were In Tellico Plains, TN on the far side of the Skyway when i snapped the linkage to my clutch:mad:. After a short brain storm i decided to give Wheeler's a call to see if they could help, i heard about them through the tail of the dragon web site, he said "im sure we can figure something out". Then i decided if i could get my bike rolling id try to ride it there, and it worked, but i dont recomend that to someone that isnt really familiar with their ride(almost no stops between there and wheelers).

Once i got there had to wait a few min. there were tire customers in front of me. Once Ken had a second to look at it he said "that dont look too bad" and disapeard to the back. Once he reappeared he had a complete clutch worm gear assembly for a TL1000S:eek:, where did that come from? Come to find out he too rides a TL and took the part out of his own personal stock..FUCKIN AWSOME!!!!:bow: He slaped it on there, adjusted my clutch rod, lubed the cable, and tested her out. Once i put the cover back on i headed inside to see what the damage $$$ was going to be. He said "just give me enough to buy another part, new they are $45 new, that was a used one so $35 will do it" im like :eek::banana::10::easy_button:i could not believe it, then he added " its just nice to see another TLS on the road"

So any way here is all his info and web site: Super nice folks just out there to make a living not a killing

http://www.wheelersperformance.com/

logo.gif

Your official full service motorcycle shop for Deals Gap.

AS SEEN ON SPEEDVISION

Open Monday through Sunday 10am-8pm

CONVENIENTLY LOCATED 12 MILES FROM THE CHEROHALA SKYWAY AND 12 MILES FROM THE TAIL OF THE DRAGON AT DEALS GAP. FREE MAPS, FREE BIKE WASH WITH SPONGES AND SOAP, FREE BIKE / GIRLFRIEND DIGITAL SCALE, FREE CLEANERS / POLISHES / WAXES TO DEMO, PICNIC PAVILION , PICNIC TABLES, AIR COMPRESSOR, UP TO THE MINUTE LOCAL ROAD INFORMATION, FULL LINE OF TAIL OF THE DRAGON TM T-SHIRTS AND GOODIES, WIDE SCREEN TV WITH LATEST TAIL OF THE DRAGON TM VIDEOS OR TO PREVIEW YOUR VIDEO TAPED RUN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0INvWatnm0 to see Wheeler's Video Clip

FREE COOK-OUT AT WHEELER'S on 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day

SERVICES AVAILABLE:

• Computerized Dyno Tuning on Wheeler's Dyno Jet Dyno - cheapest Dyno runs anywhere: $20 HP vs speed with top speed; $30 HP vs torque vs speed with RPM and top speed;
    $89 and up for Dyno with O2 testing
  • Power Commander tuning
  • Full Machine Shop.
  • Lots of new stuff for sportbikes, cruisers, touring and supermotos
  • Free bike wash with soap, sponges, bucket provided
  • Free maps of the area
  • Up to date area road information
  • Stock of all necessities including a large selection of tires, brakes, oils, filters, lubes and chemicals, levers, gloves, and riding gear
  • Tail of the Dragon T-shirts, stickers, posters, videos
  • Repair and maintenance for motorcycles, ATV's, personal-watercraft
  • Factory original and quality aftermarket parts for Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki
  • Cylinder boring, crankshaft rebuilding, welding, porting, head modifications, suspension rebuilding, glass-beading, starter rebuilding, nozzle boring, cam-degreeing, bigbore kits, dyno tuning, expansion chamber repair, and many other services you don't know about until you ask!
  • Full line of Tail of the Dragon souvenirs.

Open most everyday with an unrestricted schedule.

map.gifshop.jpgDear Tail of the Dragon: Please thank Ken Wheeler for repairing my friend`s Harley at 8:00 PM on a Friday night. MC, Broadway NC Dear Tail of the Dragon: Ken welded my broken foot peg and got me back on the road in an hour. He has my business whenever I'm in the area. DL, New Orleans, LA

Why buy tires at Wheeler's?

• No appointment necessary, just stop in for service
  • Over 200 tires in stock including the latest CT2 from Michelin, Corsa III from Pirelli, Storm from Avon, and a great selection of other "stickies" for the Dragon
  • For the sport tourers we have Metzler, Bridgestone and Pirellis in most sizes
  • Supermoto now stocking in Michelin Power and Race, Pirelli Diablo and Supercorsa ...... the newest tires are on the way
  • Call ahead and I will gladly hold a tire until your arrival just to insure that you have what you need when you get here
  • Many tires are priced the same or even lower than last year
  • No scratch tire changing
  • Computer balancing with no extra charge for weights or disposal fees (for tires purchased here only)
  • Tire change includes lubing and adjustment of chain, lubing of splines, axle and wheel seals, allignment of front forks for reduced friction

shop1_07.jpg

Wheeler's 129 Performance

Full service motorcycle parts store

and repair shop Ken Wheeler, Owner & Mechanic

telephone 828-479-4998

EMAIL: wheelersperformance@yahoo.com

Recommended by www.TailoftheDragon.com

dragon.jpgwheeler_sm2.jpgshop2_07.jpgrider.jpgrider2.jpgparts3.jpgshop3_07.jpgparts5.jpgparts1.jpg

STOP BY

AND

SAY HELLO

Edited by 2talltim

did u see his TLS? Its bad ass. He loves the TL sooooo much and loves to see them on the road. When i took my TLS to him he did a dyno run just to see what she had lol. Awesome guy!

yea i seen it, he has all the tasty stuff on it..it was late in the day when i was there both he and i were both in a hurry i think

I totally agree with you. I was down there back in 2003 and broke the clutch cable down on Wayah Rd. Used a pair of vise grips to shift like suicide shifter and rode it to Ken's place. He did not have a cable but he looked at the broken cable and was able to put another end on it. Rode the rest of the week and I believe I had the same cable on there when I sold the bike in 2004.

Ken is a stand up guy that absolutely loves bike.

i put mine in first gear shoved off as i hit the starter button and gave it gas and got it rolling, and from tellico plains to robbinsville i never stopped just power/ syc shifted the whole time..accually had to cut through the gas station parking lot in robbinsville, people were pissed thinking i was short cutting just to be a ass

• 4 weeks later...
weak jap stuff I guess my brit bike has over 40k on the odo with the one it came with? And his shop is top notch have been there a few times when a bike I was riding with went down.

Unfortunately the clutch cable that broke was the original one that came on my 02 Triumph Sprint ST so it wasn't Jap stuff. It was a known failure point for that model so I was tempting fate by not having a spare. They have finally improved the cables now.