Advanced Firearms Training Class

MidgetTodd

Kawi needs to start going by "Quigley Kid". Reading through his posts, he writes a bit about long-guns, firing from prone, and then he needs to borrow a proper handgun because he doesn't own one. Assumption? Perhaps he doesn't shoot handguns..... Not-so-much. KK was spot-on and presented some nasty little groups. It reminded me of that last scene of Quigley Down Under under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eT33eT30Uc

Kawi needs to start going by "Quigley Kid". Reading through his posts, he writes a bit about long-guns, firing from prone, and then he needs to borrow a proper handgun because he doesn't own one. Assumption? Perhaps he doesn't shoot handguns..... Not-so-much. KK was spot-on and presented some nasty little groups. It reminded me of that last scene of Quigley Down Under under.

Quigley Down Under - The Final Gunfight - YouTube

:lol: thanks man. You made everything look too easy! Lager down the road we are gonna find out you were spec ops lol

Never will I own a holster that points the gun right at my gun. That is totally a bad idea.:nono:

Oh and great time and great laughs as usuall.

It hangs low enough so that it doesn't point AT your junk - it's parallel with and hangs a couple inches lower. Even lower than my gargantuan manhood. While wearing the SmartCarry the muzzle is pointing at feet

Anyone carrying IWB is pointing the thing at their butt/pelvis. Even a regular holster is pointing at your leg/foot.

If the Bersa went off while I was carrying in the dick holster then the bullet would hit the ground between my legs. The bigger your junk, the further away from your feet the muzzle points. So I'm safe but I can understand why you guys are scared.

If you all are really worried about shooting yourself while it is holstered, you either have the wrong gun or don't trust it, or have a crappy holster. I carry one in the chamber at all times and have no manual safety and not once have worried about a ND.

The instructor had the same gun as him and he had an ad once while not even handling it.. He said he was carrying a box and it fired for no reason, he didn't even know it was him, he thought a bullet discharged in a box his kid was carrying and shot at him... No firing pin block or anything

The instructor's AD was a result of a lack of firing pin block and a weak inertial firing pin return spring. My Bersa is a newer generation with both of those issues resolved.

I don't worry about the gun going off. I carry chambered with the safety off / hammer down. It's DA/SA so the first trigger pull is heavy. (unless I cock the hammer manually - something I was doing before each exercise yesterday - helped a lot with the accuracy of the first shot on the rapid shooting exercises). Had it for 6 years - 1000's round through it. Never an AD or ND. Only ever had it jam on the crappy 6yo black mags with soft springs.

They only AD I've heard of with this generation of Bersa 380 was a result of the gun being reassembled incorrectly by the owner.

Edited by Scruit

It is a gun known to discharge.

Check out http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

It's the list of pistols that are tested in California and certified as safe to carry. The test involves dropping 3 test pistols from 3' onto concrete in various directions (muzzle first, hammer first etc). All 3 pistols must pass all of the different drop test orientations to be listed as a "safe" gun in California.

The Bersa 380 Thunder (mine) is on the list.