Why everyone hates sportbikes.

Casper

LoL.. Gun fire? :nono:

The traffic jam was a result of the police trying to enforce the law. I'm not saying the stunter trash was in the right' date=' but they didn't cause the congestion. The police did. They weren't even attempting to stop the bikes. They were sitting in their cruisers and expecting them to just wait for their tickets. They're dumb. :dunno:[/quote']

:plus1:

Note to self... next time my group of historical plate-having cruiser bikes get all lawless and stuff on the freeway, bring wire cutters to flip up a fence to make a getaway.

:lol: That guy was in a full blown panic for sure! :lol:

I got a little rush watching the video and just thinking about how much of a rush those guys got going past the block, then later sitting at home at night thinking how fucking crazy the day was. I agree that they're stupid for doing shenanigans in a huge group on a busy freeway, but I loved it when they blew the block and gtfo out of dodge.

I just hope this shit doesn't go full blown viral and gets us famous all over the world via emails and forums. I hate that it was posted online.:nono:

Did anyone else catch that a biker was killed that day? That could have been the road it happened on and officers may have been working the scene up the road. Not saying it was, but......

James Ruma 32 - News says in critical condition as of today, 23rd. He was riding double with his wife, and pulled over to retrieve a backpack that fell off. He was hit while walking on the side of the road. The road closed was I-270 near New Halls Ferry Road. It is possible that the video is showing the road closed for the accident. From these news articles:

Massive motorcycle ride prompts second thoughts by police

4e7c1c63a0a9a.preview-300.jpg

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/62/b62fc1c6-e592-11e0-884e-0019bb30f31a/4e7c1c63a0a9a.preview-300.jpg

Also in the news was a bike that had hit the back end of a car that had slowed in the right lane. Tossed about 15 feet, but was ok.

More links:

Cyclists were part of ride event, calendar girl contest

Motorcyclist from De Soto remains in critical condition

Packs of motorcycles swarming St. Louis area highways

Gang of motorcycles on Interstate 270

gang of motorcycles on Highway 40

Edited by ReconRat

thats literally what the cop told me after showing him my ID and what nots.. then we laughed and he said.. just becareful onthe way home you might get stopped again lol

I'm glad everything worked out for you. Sounds like a good story to tell your friends around a campfire.

it was all good just never had that kind of intereaction before.. literally it was rider turn your bike off toss the keys to the ground. (you have a gun pointed at you he let me know) step off the bike facing forward remove your helmet.. and lay on the ground face down.. (i was stopped at 161 about 2 lights shy of cleveland ave coming from new albany) it was err fun.. those were some good looks i was getting too

I hope the woman that microwaved her baby gets death. I don't give two shits about this story. I'm more into punishment of the true bad people.

That too. But this crap on the roadways has got to stop too. Or they're going to come down on all of us bikers, hard. 'True Bad people'....and who picks and chooses who those 'true bad people' are?

That too. But this crap on the roadways has got to stop too. Or they're going to come down on all of us bikers, hard. 'True Bad people'....and who picks and chooses who those 'true bad people' are?

Oh, I totally agree with you. Crap like that does need to stop. In my opinion "true bad people" are picked by opinions cuz we all have different definitions of true bad people.

ive passed on the shoulder from time to time but never lane split...lane splittin is just asking for trouble, like a car door or simple a car changing lanes....as for the crazy long burnout...sick as hell but damn thats an expensive habit lol

ive gone to the front at many redlights. i mean, fuck it. its not like im holding anyone up.

ive lane split many times too. but its not like im doing 90 between cars that are doing 75. thats just retarded. ive do it when cars are at a complete stop, or they are moving like 5 mph.

im not sure what america's problem is with it. its the norm everywhere else in the world... we are very self centered here, and i think that has a lot to do with it. people have an attitude of "if i cant move, they shouldnt either" which is the wrong attitude to have.

it should be "i cant move, but they can, so why hold them up?"

ive gone to the front at many redlights. i mean, fuck it. its not like im holding anyone up.

ive lane split many times too. but its not like im doing 90 between cars that are doing 75. thats just retarded. ive do it when cars are at a complete stop, or they are moving like 5 mph.

im not sure what america's problem is with it. its the norm everywhere else in the world... we are very self centered here, and i think that has a lot to do with it. people have an attitude of "if i cant move, they shouldnt either" which is the wrong attitude to have.

it should be "i cant move, but they can, so why hold them up?"

So what do you do if, when you are splitting a lane, a car suddenly throws their door open either into you, or just as you are at the door and you hit them or it? How about if the vehicle sitting suddenly moves over one way or another, all without any regards to someone coming up between vehicles in the lane? I saw a kid get hit when he was walking across the street where vehicles were stopped due to a fender bender up in front a few cars. The kid thought he'd cross the street since traffic was at a standstill and as he stepped out from in front of a van !wham! he got hit by a crotch rocket coming up between the stopped cars.

These can be commonplace when traffic is sitting like that.

So what do you do if, when you are splitting a lane, a car suddenly throws their door open either into you, or just as you are at the door and you hit them or it?

you mean on purpose out of spite? obviously they would be a pretty shitty person to begin with. as ive never had it happen, im not sure how id react. there would def. be words exchanged probably.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e75_1316714262

How about if the vehicle sitting suddenly moves over one way or another, all without any regards to someone coming up between vehicles in the lane?

when traffic is stopped up where are they gonna go? into the side of the car next to them?

again, im talking about when traffic is stopped or moving very very slowly. if traffic starts moving then you get in a lane.

im not doing 90 between cars moving at freeway speed.

Edited by John

you mean on purpose out of spite? obviously they would be a pretty shitty person to begin with. as ive never had it happen, im not sure how id react. there would def. be words exchanged probably.

LiveLeak.com - Doors Open Day

when traffic is stopped up where are they gonna go? into the side of the car next to them?

again, im talking about when traffic is stopped or moving very very slowly. if traffic starts moving then you get in a lane.

im not doing 90 between cars moving at freeway speed.

Yep when traffic is stopped. You have never seen drivers get out of their car during a long wait? Or seen idiot drivers try and squeeze in front of someone else by turning toward them? Not necessarily intentionally to screw with someone splitting lanes. That is bs. But the other stuff does happen all too often.

All it takes is to have that happen once. I have been around long enough to think about 'possibilities' like that, and whether 'what could happen' is worth the risk. Risk and reward. Is the risk (and repercussions) worth the gain. That's all I am saying. I just don't need all that just to gain a few minutes....