Why everyone hates sportbikes.

Casper

Let's just say, "hypothetically" (if you could catch up) you pulled a rider over for doing 100+ or riding a wheelie, or doing 130+ weaving in out of traffic. No ticket? :wtf:

Wouldn't waste my time pulling out. Not saying the other guy wouldn't try to come after you, or call it in.

The DRZ would be the first to get away IMO

Through traffic traffic or on city streets... Doesn't have an ice cubes chance in hell on an interstate devoid of traffic. Probably had more cops up ahead. I'm curious to what the outcome of it was. Any idea where this happened?

I had the chance to run from a cop today, I was doing 85+ on the highway and he caught me going the other way and had to flip around in rush hour. Could have easily gunned it and lost him at the next exit but no, I took my ticket like a man and had a nice conversation with the cop. Probably the coolest cop I have met actually. Used to be a rider so he knew how easy it is to go over the limit and not realize but I deserved the ticket and he cut me a break and made it 84 so I didn't get a reckless op.

I've found that cops usually give you a break if you actually stop. I got clocked at 89 in a 55, got a ticket for 70. The only reason i didn't make a run for it was it was 25 degrees or so and i didn't trust my tires to be sticky at all. Cop was hauling in the other direction and it took him quite a bit of time to get turned around and catch up with me, and i had already slowed to 55.

There is a reason i now ride a 34 horsepower bike, I have no self control.

Through traffic traffic or on city streets... Doesn't have an ice cubes chance in hell on an interstate devoid of traffic. Probably had more cops up ahead. I'm curious to what the outcome of it was. Any idea where this happened?

We wouldnt stay on the the freeway....we got medians berms ramps ect.;)

I've found that cops usually give you a break if you actually stop.

Agreed. I got clocked by an airplane doing 113 but since I stopped, and I was just "cruising" in the left lane not bothering anyone (is how he put it), he dropped it down to 83. He gave my buddy that I was riding with the same ticket. I had no idea I was clocked by a plane until he stopped me and told me.

Agreed. I got clocked by an airplane doing 113 but since I stopped, and I was just "cruising" in the left lane not bothering anyone (is how he put it), he dropped it down to 83. He gave my buddy that I was riding with the same ticket. I had no idea I was clocked by a plane until he stopped me and told me.

thats a hell of a break, +1 for that cop

Yeah, it was an experience, haha. But, I pulled over, got off the bike, took my helmet off and took the key out of the ignition. I was cool with him, he was cool with me. I knew I was in the wrong and he could tell that from talking to me. I learned my lesson though...did it once and never did it again. Damn sneaky po-po's in the air, lol

Yeah, it was an experience, haha. But, I pulled over, got off the bike, took my helmet off and took the key out of the ignition. I was cool with him, he was cool with me. I knew I was in the wrong and he could tell that from talking to me. I learned my lesson though...did it once and never did it again. Damn sneaky po-po's in the air, lol

You bring up an interesting question .... To our LEO friends...what do you want us to do when we are pulled over? Turn it off and sit still with hands on the grips? Remove helmet? Get off the bike and stand next to the bike?

Edited by C-bus

You bring up an interesting question .... To our LEO friends...what do you want us to do when we are pulled over? Turn it off and sit still with hands on the grips? Remove helmet? Get off the bike and stand next to the bike?

No , what works best is one of two things..

Either march right up to his cruiser in a very angry manner and scream "Do you know who I am?"

or

Simply remind him your taxes pay his salary.

No , what works best is one of two things..

Either march right up to his cruiser in a very angry manner and scream "Do you know who I am?"

or

Simply remind him your taxes pay his salary.

Thank you. I'll look forward to trying each of these.

Pull off the roadway, turn of your bike, remove your helmet, get off the bike, and face the officer. Don't make any fast movements, keep your hands visible to the officer, and be nice. You may just off with a warning. ;)

• Upvote 1

.. you want us to get off the bike and turn toward you? does that seem a bit threatining even if im taking off the helmet?

honestly just asking i would think that any movement towards or in the direction of the LEO would be concidered threating would you think just turn off the bike and take the helmet off and sit there with hands in veiw?

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

Pull off the roadway, turn of your bike, remove your helmet, get off the bike, and face the officer. Don't make any fast movements, keep your hands visible to the officer, and be nice. You may just off with a warning. ;)

Well what if your carrying? This is something that I have been wondering for a bit while on the bike.

Thanks for the info. Had I not asked, I would have just sat there with the helmet on and waited.

.. you want us to get off the bike and turn toward you? does that seem a bit threatining even if im taking off the helmet?

honestly just asking i would think that any movement towards or in the direction of the LEO would be concidered threating would you think just turn off the bike and take the helmet off and sit there with hands in veiw?

Yes, keys, eyes, and hands control a traffic stop. I would rather see your face, and not your back. Every Leo is different, so you might get a few different answers on this one. Just listen for his direction. The key thing is, to make him/her feel comfortable, that you're not going to hurt them, or speed off.

Well what if your carrying? This is something that I have been wondering for a bit while on the bike.

When we run your plate from our LEADS system, we will receive an alert from our MDT that you're a CCW holder. Make sure the first thing out of your mouth is, I have a CCW, and the location of it. If you do that, you're golden. ;)