Why everyone hates sportbikes.

Casper

When we run your plate from our LEADS system, we will receive an alert from our MDT that you're a CCW holder. Make sure the first thing out of your mouth is, I have a CCW, and the location of it. If you do that, you're golden. ;)

Good deal so no helmet take off then?

cool just wondered.. i actually have only been pulled over once on the bike and i had the gun pulled on me because they thought i was a robbery suspect riding the same kind of bike 4 years ago

No problem. Wow, no shit, I'm sure that was an awkward situation. I was pulled over a few years back in Elyria, and boxed in by EPD, @ 57 & Cleveland Street. Guess my bike matched the description of a bike that ran from the police on Rt 90. It kind of freaked me out, but I showed them my credentials, and after a few good laughs, I was on my way. I guess us sportbike riders all look the same. :p

Sniper, I hope i get pulled over by you someday.

My first time getting pulled over i didn't think about taking off the helmet. The first thing the cop did was SCREAM at me to take off my helmet, hand on his gun. I did turn the bike off though.

Now it's kickstand down, bike off, pull the key, remove gloves and helmet and stay seated on the bike. I'm kinda leery of getting off the bike, since you don't get out of the car when you get pulled over, just doesn't seem right to step off the bike until asked to do so.

Maybe i should to make eye contact? Dunno.

Sniper, I hope i get pulled over by you someday.

My first time getting pulled over i didn't think about taking off the helmet. The first thing the cop did was SCREAM at me to take off my helmet, hand on his gun. I did turn the bike off though.

Now it's kickstand down, bike off, pull the key, remove gloves and helmet and stay seated on the bike. I'm kinda leery of getting off the bike, since you don't get out of the car when you get pulled over, just doesn't seem right to step off the bike until asked to do so.

Maybe i should to make eye contact? Dunno.

If you're in Cuyahoga County, you never know. ;) Do whats comfortable for you, listen for the officers direction. If you don't want to dismount the bike, that's fine. But, that's what I like to see. All traffic stops aren't the same. If I can see you face, I can see if you're going to reach for a weapon. Everything else is a must, getting off the bike is optional. But, again that's what I would like to see.

No problem. Wow, no shit, I'm sure that was an awkward situation. I was pulled over a few years back in Elyria, and boxed in by EPD, @ 57 & Cleveland Street. Guess my bike matched the description of a bike that ran from the police on Rt 90. It kind of freaked me out, but I showed them my credentials, and after a few good laughs, I was on my way. I guess us sportbike riders all look the same. :p

thats literally what the cop told me after showing him my ID and what nots.. then we laughed and he said.. just becareful onthe way home you might get stopped again lol

anyone else who is not with that group that comes through later is gonna get screwed :(

maybe.

I usually don't filter through traffic the way those guys were. definitely not at the speed they were doing it.

Honestly, I'd probably just chill in traffic. If they try to ticket me for reckless operation or whatever, I'd challenge them to prove I actually did it.

It didn't appear that any of the police officers witnessed anything, and there were a LOT of bikes. Prove it was ME who was doing wheelies, etc.

If they're confiscating the video, then fine. Show me where I broke the law, and I'll happily plead guilty to any charge they can actually prove, but simply being around those guys shouldn't be a charge that sticks.

The funny thing is saying all sport bikes look the same is stupid easy, if you get reported by the public for speeding you can just say that there was another bike just like yours that flew by you and that they just missed him. Cops have to see you to get you. But oh well none of us speed so this would never be used.

Ive noticed lately in columbus its the stunters and the people riding without a license and wrecklessly that the cops are worried about. Not so much, the speed in control riding. I got pulled over last night otw back from my girls house going 109 in a 65 and i stopped, idk what made me stop but i did, he just came out of the car, after i had turned my bike off took my helmet off and respectfully asked if i could get off my bike, he said he didnt expect me to stop and i said i respect authority and couldnt just flee. It helped that it had just rained and i told him i was trying to get home before it started again. he then started bantering about riding before and how he crashed without a helmet and i was like lolwtfmate. Then he just said listen there is no more rain for the rest of the night if you show me your license and insurance and its all up to date, you can be on your way. It was, so i flapped my arms and road away.