New EDC

conn-e-rot

I got a hell of a deal I had originally put a used glock 37 on layaway for $400 and the guy forgot to mark it and another employee sold it to someone else. So to make it right the owner told me to decide what other gun I wanted and I ended up with a new glock 39 for $400. :D

I got a hell of a deal I had originally put a used glock 37 on layaway for $400 and the guy forgot to mark it and another employee sold it to someone else. So to make it right the owner told me to decide what other gun I wanted and I ended up with a new glock 39 for $400. :D

That's a good deal. That's LE price. Where did you get it from?

Now THAT'S how you run a business!

where .45acp uses a different casing for +P loads,

The only difference in +P ammo is the headstamp has "+P" on it. The brass is identical to standard pressure. It is just stamped with the +P so that the user knows it is a hotter round and does not put it in a gun that cannot handle +P.

Ken

The only difference in +P ammo is the headstamp has "+P" on it. The brass is identical to standard pressure. It is just stamped with the +P so that the user knows it is a hotter round and does not put it in a gun that cannot handle +P.

Ken

IDK about that for sure I don't have .45acp and don't reload yet but I was told by gun shop employee that .45acp +P loads use a stronger casing and I've read several articles that said the same thing?? maybe they are wrong?

Edited by conn-e-rot

Here is a portion of one article

Comparing .45 GAP and .45 ACP +P Factory Ammo

Let's be very clear that the .45 GAP was originally developed to emulate “standard pressure” .45 ACP velocities. Therefore, it is perfectly fine and legitimate to compare .45 GAP ammo against “standard pressure” .45 ACP ammo. My sources have stated that Speer factory 45GAP ammo typically runs between 19,900 psi and 22,500 psi (slightly under to slightly over the standard pressure 21,000 psi maximum for the .45 ACP; maximum +P ACP limit is 23,000 psi). GAP handload data runs between 16,400 psi and 22,500 psi. The GAP was not marketed to equal or outperform .45 ACP +P ammo, even though the .45 GAP can dip into the general ballpark of +P rated .45 ACP velocities. In fact, Double Tap .45 GAP ammo brings the velocity up to the same level as +P .45 ACP ammo velocities. Remember that while .45 ACP has more space for powder, +P ACP brass still only has a 23,000 psi SAAMI pressure maximum just like the .45 GAP. So 45ACP can be handloaded dangerously over-pressure if one is not careful, especially since modern powders don't need as much space to perform as the old time stuff. Side Note: It takes two cases of .45 ACP to handle both standard pressure and +P pressure ammo, while the .45 GAP uses one and only one strong case for all of its loadings.