East Coast Timing Assn. "ECTA" Ohio Mile

KeithTurk

Ya I worded that wrong the list is what Brock said it takes to make the bike capable of breaking 200 it doesn't just magically happen
I heard it's not as easy as many think. Many of the lifers in the club laugh at how some think you can buy Brocks package and it happens like magic. We will all see though what our machines can do though. :cool:

Nothing magical about it.......you're exactly right Tim, these kits are to enable the BIKE to reach 200 within a standing mile -- if they were rider specific, my kit would include a 50 shot :lol:

It's like ANY form of motorcycle racing, dependant upon the rider moreso than the machine - So, even if I could ride like Ricky Gadson it's unlikely my massiveness will be hitting 200 without some major modification to my bike........I am hopeful, but also realistic - so it's all in the name of fun that I'll do this as I have zero plans to mod my daily ride to that extent

You guys will be amazed at what it takes to actually run 2 bills.... the difference between 180 and 200 is literally night and day.... Very interesting and fun stuff...

But the Dude with the 50cc Pit bike will have more fun and be different.... we've got some of those guys.... so Bring a race bike.... LOL... those dudes are Serious....

My biggest concern coming to a new venue like this is insuring everyone knows and gets the stringent rules up front and understands we don't bend them.... Simply stated every one is treated fairly and we've found it's best to stick to them....

Hmmmm

Nope your not missing a thing.... you can bore your 600 out to 650 if you want but those are the actual CC classes as established by the AMA and USAC many many years ago...

If you race at Bonneville during speedweek those are the class breaks...

Hmmm

so it's purely based on displacement?

That's probably an elementary question, but the road racers among us are used to 650 twins being "lightweights" and 600cc inline 4's being "middleweights."

I hope every street squid in the world shows up for this event on their 600. So many people are convinced their bike hits 165. I bet there will be very few 600's that do a legit 150.

I may have to check this out just to see what speed my bike can hit in road-race trim.

I wouldn't mess with suspension or anything. The bike's already wired, and i know my gear will pass tech.

I have my old leather suit for sale if anyone's 5'9 - 6'2 and 160-190 lbs :D

Nope your not missing a thing.... you can bore your 600 out to 650 if you want but those are the actual CC classes as established by the AMA and USAC many many years ago...

If you race at Bonneville during speedweek those are the class breaks...

Hmmm

so if you show up with a 600 you run in the 650cc class?

so it's purely based on displacement?

chris, check this out http://www.ecta-lsr.com/?page_id=57

I have my old leather suit for sale if anyone's 5'9 - 6'2 and 160-190 lbs :D

You still have the suit? Sorry my buddy didnt come through on buying it - he's about broke now, he recently bought a house and sold off a dirtbike and a trailer to make it happen -- somebody needs to pick this up, one hell of a deal!! If it fit me, I'd have it - Is it listed in the classifieds?

The 600 can run in the 650cc class and up.... we currently allow folks to run up in Class... in other words if your 600 can beat my 1350cc Hayabuza.... then I need to better scooter... same goes for a Naturally aspirated bike running in a Blown Class ....

they have a 50cc class too... worlds fastest pitbike here i come!

That would be fun. 250cc is in triples.

I, for one, don't expect miracles out of my ET's since I've got at least 100 pounds on the average rider -- but it's going to be huge fun trying to hit that 200 mark.......especially with SWB and major weight DISadvantage - but who cares? Line it up and twist it wide open for a mile.......who wouldn't smile while doing that?!?!

Me too! I will have a blast seeing how much I can squeeze out of my OWN personal created bike.

I'll go to every event I can just for the rush I don't care if I never break the 200mph

Werd! I'm sure there will be an O.R gathering there too. Lol

check these guys out

http://buddfab.net/buddfabhomepage.html

50cc streamliner. 145 mph!

Streamliners don't count in my world as bikes.

pin throttle, hang on tight. sounds pretty simple to me

:lol:

Say that to some of the veterans there and you will get crucified. I've seen it happen just on forums. Supposedly it takes total perfect form and crap. Some get help from cut tanks too, plus perfect shifting. It takes alot to gain 1mph up top I've been told. I see where you're coming from though.

Streamliners don't count in my world as bikes.

if its good enough for FIM its good enough for me ;)

Say that to some of the veterans there and you will get crucified. I've seen it happen just on forums. Supposedly it takes total perfect form and crap. Some get help from cut tanks too, plus perfect shifting. It takes alot to gain 1mph up top I've been told. I see where you're coming from though.

yeah i know. i was just messing around. thats what the :lol: means. :o