No motorcycles in Columbus airport garage???

Cdubyah

So I rode over to the airport yesterday. My grandmother was coming in, and it was a rare chance for me to get the bike out. So I rode over. Got all the way to the short term parking gateand saw the posted sign "no motorcycles allowed in garage." I had a Wtf moment. Then I looked for a place to turn around...none. so I went through. Half expected my bike to be towed when I got back to the garage. To my surprise, I didn't get any grief about it. The ticket lady even asked me how my day was when I paid.

Anyone know anything about this? Did a couple of searches this morning, but couldn't turn up anything. Security issue maybe? Can't trip the gates perhaps?

If indeed its a problem, why not put a sign further back, so motorcycles could route another direction.

I did know that they are not allowed for i have done the same thing, but i have no idea why?!?!? I didnt even take the chance of parking i went over to the McDonalds and called the person i was meeting.

Not sure exactly why, but they're not the only parking garage that does not allow MC parking. Several years ago, a buddy of mine had a problem with a hospital parking garage when he rode his MC to visit his son. He didn't see the sign and parked and they actually gave him a ticket.

Makes no sense to me - certainly going to take less space than an Expedition...

Searched the CMH airport site, could find nothing about restrictions, nothing about motorcycles, period.

They do, however, offer free bicycle parking for all passengers... Who the hell rides their bicycle to the airport? :dunno: International Gateway Drive, or whatever that road is named, is like the front straight at Indy. A bicyclist would get runned (sic) over...

They probably have designated motorcycle parking where the spaces are sized for motorcycles and they don't want the bikes taking up the larger spaces that cars can occupy. Just a guess!

That was a thought as well. But they still charged me the same amount. Also no designated spot listed or posted?

At Nationwide, I had a parking pass, but they asked me to ride around the gates. It had to do with the metal detector and the bike not being large enough to trip it.

When I park at the hospital, I go around every gate, normally park right under a No Parking sign and have never been hassled. Maybe because it's one a dem fancy I-talian Ducati's, they figger I'm a doc.