Ruger LC9

speedytriple

Speaking of' date=' Lyns has been looking for a replacement for her Bersa380. She likes the frame size of my 709, but isn't exactly excited about it. Maybe this little bug'er could fit the bill...[/quote']

Have her look at the LCP. You're more then welcome to try mine out.

Different strokes for different folks...nothing stupid about it, no different than a pocket pistol except mine is attached with a clip instead of being loose

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/imgp1556nm7.jpg/

Edited by 2talltim

There are not too many 9mm out there that are single stack. Ruger and Kel tec are the primary ones. Being single stack, they have a thinner frame and slide. They are also lighter weight. I own the Kel Tec PF9 and even though it has many great features for a sub compact, it also has the magazine release problem. Recoil makes the mag drop. Just on that fact alone........ I would go with the Ruger.

I wouldn't belt clip carry, unless it has a Kel Tec like long-hard-trigger pull. It would be difficult to mistakenly pull that trigger even on a quick draw.

I have a Kel Tec with the clip. I prefer a pocket holster, but in some cases I could see using just the clip.

Different strokes for different folks...nothing stupid about it, no different than a pocket pistol except mine is attached with a clip instead of being loose

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/imgp1556nm7.jpg/

Isnt the trigger wide open w a belt clip? Pocket holster covers trigger

My 709 is a single-stack 9mm. It's never failed to feed' date=' failed to fire, dropped a magazine, jammed... anything. It's a great gun, and pretty accurate.. considering it's size/cost.

[/quote']

+1

Surprisingly accurate & surprisingly good trigger.

Little guns are for women and Obama supporters.

I carry an LCP, and there are few as anti Obama as I. And according to my gf, there's no question as to my gender.

I just don't have a need to compensate for shortcomings in other areas with a huge gun:)