Ruger LC9

speedytriple

Some stuff is cheaper. Other stuff is more. But somedays I wanna pull the guys across the counter and eat them to death. A few of them have that gun counter superiority complex even when they have no effing clue about what you are looking for.

They all have those ass-hats. Just last week I was at The Fin asking if they had any of the Glock 30SF models. Guy laughed at me and said "you mean the 36 SF?" No, the 30 Short Frame. He responded with another you-dumb-ass snicker and "SF is 'slim frame'". I bought an M9 at NASR instead. Know-it-alls...:nono:.

Fin has Bodyguard .380's for $319.

/thread

just saw that on the website and I happen to be headed out to Parma tonight so might have to swing by and finally get one. Been lusting after one of those for almost a year now. Hopefully they have a left handed holster too

For the guy who belt clip carries I recommend this. http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/product_info.php?products_id=1617

I'm pretty sure Ohio law requires the gun to be in a holster unless something has changed and I was in aware. This will qualify as a holster with out having to adjust the way you already carry.

It only needs to be in a holster while on your person in a motor vehicle. Although with the new law, vehicle carry may be different now.

I stopped by your store last week. I'da picked it up if you were there.

Which day did you come by? Im closed on Tuesday and Wed. for school. Sometimes I have to go run errands on normal days and I have to close to do that since Im a one man operation.

The gun alone is $300

Dale

• 3 weeks later...

bump...

gotta send my extractor out on my HK to get fixed, so considering picking up a back-up gun to carry while its gone - then may eventually regift it to my mom this christmas, or keep it and eventually when/if my girl decides to start shooting ill let her use it

lc9 is very nice, handled one today...the pf9 looks so cheap and chincey...but i like the price better

the trigger pull on the lc9 seems a bit light for a DA gun (then again, im use to the 400lb DA pull on my HK)...how safe would it be carried without a safety, say in a purse? (not for me, jackasses lol)

my mom has her chl and has been looking for a gun - i know she likes revolvers for their simplicity, and she fired a j-frame great...let her shoot my 40 and every shot she jumped and couldnt even hit paper...i think the lc9 will be a nice step down, but im wondering if it would be better to just pick up a j-frame?

discuss

not set on the lc9, pf9, or j-frame...but i need to find something fairly light and fairly small...i dont picture either of them ever carrying anything much bigger than an lc9 sized gun

Edited by Steve Butters

bump...

gotta send my extractor out on my HK to get fixed, so considering picking up a back-up gun to carry while its gone - then may eventually regift it to my mom this christmas, or keep it and eventually when/if my girl decides to start shooting ill let her use it

lc9 is very nice, handled one today...the pf9 looks so cheap and chincey...but i like the price better

the trigger pull on the lc9 seems a bit light for a DA gun (then again, im use to the 400lb DA pull on my HK)...how safe would it be carried without a safety, say in a purse? (not for me, jackasses lol)

my mom has her chl and has been looking for a gun - i know she likes revolvers for their simplicity, and she fired a j-frame great...let her shoot my 40 and every shot she jumped and couldnt even hit paper...i think the lc9 will be a nice step down, but im wondering if it would be better to just pick up a j-frame?

discuss

not set on the lc9, pf9, or j-frame...but i need to find something fairly light and fairly small...i dont picture either of them ever carrying anything much bigger than an lc9 sized gun

J frame /discuss

I've actually got a super clean LC9 with crossbreed holster in my store right now for $340. Picked it up last week and I cant believe its still here.

Tempting. don't really <need> another small gun, the LCR fits that category nicely.

But, I always just sorta wanted one. Or a P290.

Was going to buy another old trumpet (in case there are any brass geeks: early '50's Olds Super, one of the L.A. horns, great lead horn, plays great, compression's good), strip it to the raw brass, and then either leave it raw or refinish it.

Meh, what's another $300 and something? Can't take it with me. Might as well spur the economy onwards and upwards...

I'm looking to upgrade from my Bersa380. I like the size of the Bersa - just want a bigger cartridge.

Also, the spare mag I got stovepipes the second-to-last round EVERY TIME. I have the mag marked for drill purposes only and I use it for jam clearing drills. (load 4 rounds, try to fire them off, when ti jams I have to dorp the mag/clear the jam and load the next mag and keep going. Got pretty damned fast) Still, I'm not sure I'd trust my life to this pistol - that's 5 very long seconds where no lead is going downrange. I'd prefer to do clearing drills by randomly putting those inert plastic training rounds in the mag, but that won't train me to clear a jam.

Concealability is a huge issue - must be concealed, 100%. Heard a lot fo good things baout the LC9. Think I might go check one out this coming weekend. Who's best, Blackwing or Norton?

Edited by Scruit

...Who's best, Blackwing or Norton?

If you're in Central Ohio, Blackwing's about an hour and 40 minutes closer, assuming you're speaking of The Marksman Range in Norton, OH...

Blackwing's a very nice facility, although it can be busy at times. Get there early, as in opening time (or during the OSU game) and you should be good.