panoramic videos coming, ride videos will be epic

fizzer

http://fstoppers.com/yellowbird-could-change-everything

Also, countdown until Scruit gets one for a dashcam starts now... :D

I was working on the concept of a home-made panoramic camera using a fisheye lens and dewarping software, but this was pre-HD and it proved to be too low quality and too badly distorted once dewarped. :(

I've seen this concept before - demo video was on a taxi driving through a downtown area.

I'd love one of there but you'd have to mount it about 2-3' above the roofline of the car to have it work as a dashcam.

Edited by Scruit

If you wanted to place cameras around a ring, do you have an idea of what the minimum number is to be able to use the software to get a pretty good panorama? Also I guess I should have put helmetcam, I think that's a little more feasible since everything drops out of the line of sight much quicker.

Might be old news but I thought it was pretty awesome regardless

holy freaking videooooooooooooooo

am droooling all over..will sell my kidney to make the set up... now i know how the 2012 dream ride would look like, and not gonna mess up the video since every one is some where all the time :D